MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Help Me Get Set-up
aptmunich
posté mer. 21 avril 2004, 14:55
Message #1

Rookie

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 02 avril 04
Lieu : Gutild - DE
Membre no 40,050

Hi i'm new to recording in general and am even newer to macs.

I have previously done some gentle recording and mixing/editing using maxix audio studio 7, but haven't done much else.

I ordered the iBook 12" 1Ghz recently (had ordered the 800Mhz version last friday but thank god they had problems with my bank details so i'm getting the faster one!)

When i get the iBook i would like to record a few demos with guitar and vocals.
The guitar is hooked up to a line 6 pod 2.0 and we currently use a shure microphone (forgotten the exact model, it's the one everyone has smile.gif for the vocals.

Now the questions:

1) The vocals are fed through a Peavey power mixer, does this count as a 'preamp'? I'm assuming it does as the preamp is mainly to boost the microphone signal for recording, have i got this right?

2) What is the best solution for getting a line in connection to the ibook. I've seen products like the tascam u22 and the m-audio audiophile usb box, but they are all fairly expensive.

Could i get away using something like griffin's iMic? Or can you recommend something up to $100?

As for software, will Garageband be enough to get me started? I don't need a midi sequencer (never bothered with midi...) just something simple to record and do a bit of basic editing/mixing.

3) I'm going to be using shure e3c in ear monitors, anything i should beware of when mixing with headphones and not speakers?

4) Can i use the compressor/limiter in the line 6 pod 2.0 (designed for guitars) to compress vocals?

Any other pointers would be gratefully recieved!!!

Thanks

apt
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
aptmunich
posté sam. 24 avril 2004, 13:13
Message #2

Rookie

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 02 avril 04
Lieu : Gutild - DE
Membre no 40,050

Well i use Shure e3c's with my pc at the moment, and they're so sensitive that i barely need the volume on at all, so the headphone amp on the u22 should be enough i think wink.gif

What do you guys think of something like the imic from griffin technologies? Would that be of any use at all or would i just get fed up and buy something better anyway?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Les messages de ce sujet

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - lundi 16 sept. 2024, 21:11
- © MacMusic 1997-2008