MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Has Anyone Bought A 1.6 G5, 1.6 +1.8 G5 Vs 1.6 g4
drox
posté ven. 13 févr. 2004, 13:55
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 26 févr. 03
Lieu : Sydney - AU
Membre no 13,227

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has bought one of the single processor G5's yet. Im curious how they perform compared to a similar speced G4. Ive seen all the comparisons with the windoze machines but am curious of the performance differences.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
Nels
posté dim. 4 avril 2004, 17:34
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 25 sept. 03
Lieu : Brookfield, IL. - US
Membre no 25,398

In Sept. of 2003, the wife and I bought a single G5/1.8GHz for our home desktop along with a 15"/1.25 Powerbook w/Superdrive for my DAW home recording set up. Both are superbly suited for anything you want to do, audio, video, etc., but as many would agree, the Powerbook has a faster processor and is a bit quiter than the G5.

Don't get me wrong, ...the G5 is extremely quite too, so which ever you decide on, you really can't go wrong.

If you're a PC user and you're thinking of switching, you won't be dissapointed, but keep in mind that PCs, these days, are just as suited for most DAW set ups. Also, they can be less expensive and especially, if you're a video gamer, PCs still give you many more options in that department.

Hopefully that'll help,
Nelson
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Les messages de ce sujet

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - lundi 17 juin 2024, 04:26
- © MacMusic 1997-2008