MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Getting Started, choosing software and audio interface
JPSpecial
posté mar. 23 mars 2004, 04:24
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 21 déc. 03
Lieu : Pittsburgh - US
Membre no 31,548

I've been reading the forum for several days now and, while there is a wealth of information, I'm still uncertain what kind of setup would suit my needs. I have a 17" G4 imac with 768 mb ram running OS 10.2.8.

I'd like to record my acoustic songs: guitar, voice, maybe some bass, perhaps some drum loops. I would have gone with Garageband but the fact that it won't allow me to record a guitar part and voice at the same time, assigning each to different tracks, was the real killer. So, I've read a lot about software: Logic, ProTools, Tracktion, and others. I've also read about audio interfaces but have become thoroughly confused with all the options, usb and firewire. I will be miking my voice and the acoustic guitar (2 mics). I especially want to avoid latency. Sounds like a major frustration. I also have no experience in digital recording and would like to keep the process pretty simple while still achieving results that sound good. I'm sure any option will be a major step up from my Fostex cassette four tracker!

Thanks in advance for your input.

JPSpecial
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
geordiepaddy
posté mar. 23 mars 2004, 10:57
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 22 mars 04
Lieu : Blaydon - UK
Membre no 39,133

Where did your info come from about Garageband . . . OK so I'm new to this scene, but I've just recorded guitar and voice on the same track into Garageband without a problem, then built around it with looped drum tracks etc, no probs, you can also record voice and guitar on separate tracks if you want, it's staightforward stuff, it must be I use it? It's a cracking system for the price?

Regards

geordiepaddy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Les messages de ce sujet

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - vendredi 20 sept. 2024, 07:26
- © MacMusic 1997-2008