MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Mbox Or Firewire Interface, confusion on which way to go
digikid
posté lun. 1 mars 2004, 14:46
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 01 mars 04
Lieu : Marietta - US
Membre no 37,304

I've had an MBOX for close to a year and a half now. Everything was fine until I got a new Powerbook G4 1.25 The MBOX has never been so troublesome. I'm running Panther 10.3.2 (part of the problem I'm sure).From high pitch bursts of white noise to not recording properly, i've just had it up to my eyeballs with the thing. I'm anxious to see the new Edirol FA-101, which seems to be much better than the M-Audio Firewire 410, but am I fine with what I have? It seems that the issue is software related, but I'm tired of waiting on
Pro tools Le 6.2.3. I just want to keep moving and get results. I'm really spinning wheels here. blink.gif

Ce message a été modifié par digikid - lun. 1 mars 2004, 14:49.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
digikid
posté jeu. 4 mars 2004, 20:01
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 01 mars 04
Lieu : Marietta - US
Membre no 37,304

I really like the configuration you're using Dixiechicken, but I forgot to mention that portability is a must. I also have an iMac G4 700 that was running the MBOX fine in OS 9.2.2, but I couldn't see carrying that iMac out of my home to take to the rehearsal studio everytime I wanted to record an idea with a full band. So I moved on to the Powerbook G4 (1.25). Things were fine in "Jaguar" (OS 10.2.7), then I felt like jumping up to "Panther" (OS10.3.2). That's when all of my troubles began. However, there may be hope. I just downloaded the new PTLE 6.2.3 update, but I have yet to record. I'll report back to see how it performs. I really appreciate your reply. biggrin.gif

-digikid
powerbook G4 1.25
Mbox

Ce message a été modifié par digikid - jeu. 4 mars 2004, 20:04.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mercredi 25 sept. 2024, 12:21
- © MacMusic 1997-2008