MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
> Sound Module Question
macmonkey
posté ven. 31 oct. 2003, 13:20
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 09 déc. 02
Lieu : Colmar - FR
Membre no 9,950

hi all...

a simple question, to which I don't know the answer!

I have a MIDI compatible electric piano (yamaha p200) and I was considering picking up a used sound module to give me access to more sounds. The piano has a built in amp and stereo speakers. If I connect an external sound module, will the sounds come through my piano's speakers or will I need another set of speakers and/or an amp connected to the module?

Also, if anyone has any advice on which used sound modules I should maybe look for (perhaps on ebay) I would be grateful.

thanks,
paul
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
kaboombahchuck
posté ven. 31 oct. 2003, 13:54
Message #2

Advanced Member

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 12 oct. 01
Lieu : Chandler - US
Membre no 2,003

In Short, no the sounds from the module will not come through the speakers of the piano... if all you do is make the midi connection. However, if the piano has a sound in port (CD player sound in, ect) you can connect the sound out of the sound module to the sound in of the amp in the piano. Otherwise you will need another amp and sleaker set.

As far as modules go, that would depend on what kind of sounds you are looking for. Everybody makes modules now a days. A good place to look would be sweetwater or musicians friend
Look around, see whats available, maybe start with a brand you like (Yamaha) do a search... find something you like, then look around ebay.

--------------------
kaboombahchuck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (2 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - vendredi 5 juil. 2024, 22:24
- © 440 Forums 2011