MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Which Is Better: 1 Fast Cpu Or 2 Slower Cpu's G4?
tdm71
posté mer. 24 sept. 2003, 21:38
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 24 sept. 03
Lieu : Getzville - US
Membre no 25,383

Looking to upgrade my current G4 and this might be an dumb question but then again it might not.

Would it be better (better meaning: faster, more stable, less cpu load, etc..) to have one G4 with one fast cpu (1.25 gig for example) or say a slower G4 (800, 867, etc..) with dual cpu's?

I would be using the G4 to do audio, soft-synth, sample, etc. and basically anything audio related.

Maybe its an obvious question and answer, but just thought I would ask before I buy.
THANKS for the info!!! biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
Xajen
posté sam. 18 oct. 2003, 06:52
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 11 oct. 03
Lieu : Knoxville - US
Membre no 26,536

if you can wait 6 months, i would suggest waiting on a entry level G5, should be around the same price range(maybe a little more) at that time.

What Ram is in the 1.25 ?

if the Ram is the same bus/amount then go for the dual 800, since most "higher power apps" tend to divide the workload of the system. But if the 1.25 is using like DDR ram, then i would have to go with it, since that is a little bit more of an edge over sdram.

if it came down to it, i would suggest trying to get the fastest Dual processor you can, and wait LATER to upgrade the other stuff in a system. you can Add more ram, HDs, better video, etc.. down the road. You just don't add a new cpu to a mac (atleast i don't think it is cost effect to add those pci cpu cards)

I would not buy ram from apple either, they are extremly expensive. Infact i would suggest you buy the mac somewhere else online to avoid taxes.

Xajen

I hoped this helped some.

Ce message a été modifié par Xajen - sam. 18 oct. 2003, 06:53.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mercredi 26 juin 2024, 10:16
- © MacMusic 1997-2008