MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Protools??, is it crap or not
kristingish
posté lun. 18 août 2003, 01:52
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 06 juin 03
Lieu : Plainfield - US
Membre no 19,206

i know that protools is the industry standard for recording but , i wonder this. Its really just a computer, so why would i not be better of with the fastest G5 that is available and MOTU DP4 and apogee converters, which are better to begin with. The cost difference would be tremendous, and will i really be able to slow down the G5. iM only recording audio, very little MIDI . I want to hear both sides of this if possible, real reasons.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
Synthetic
posté lun. 25 août 2003, 03:50
Message #2

Maniac Member

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 25 juin 01
Lieu : Springfield - US
Membre no 1,082

dc... as soon as I seen they had PT on a PC... I would have been looking for another studio wink.gif

tdm systems are quite expensive but when you consider most of the cost is the DSP cards which handle most of the processing and when you consider that... its not that bad when you consider almost everything else is based on CPU speed with exception of TC Electronic which has a card for dsp functions but is a bit pricey too.

there are many other apps that more than satisfactory for good recordings but... it you want the horsepower to run all the nice CPU intensive plugs plus mix more than 32 tracks then the tdm systems are hard to beat.

I use the Digi001 and if could afford it... would love to have the tdm system so I could more dsp power for plugs and not limited to 32 trackcs which taxes my system so heavily. sad.gif

--------------------
----------------------------------------
<span style='font-size:18pt;line-height:100%'>Synthetic Tone</span>
Click above for totally original electronic music, art, & photos.
Click below to become an active member of the MacMusic.org site..

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Become An Active Member</span>

G4 550mhz Tibook & Brand Spankin New Dual G5 2Ghz Power Mac with Tiger.
So long old OS9 apps :(
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Les messages de ce sujet

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - jeudi 17 oct. 2024, 09:36
- © MacMusic 1997-2008