MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Editing Software, New Mac user looking for suggestions
tromba
posté jeu. 31 juil. 2003, 03:40
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 31 juil. 03
Lieu : Montgomery - US
Membre no 22,226

I've been using a PC for years with Cool Edit. I now have a G4 and am looking for comparable software. Mostly I'm just editing wav files -- sometimes changing pitch or time without affecting the other. Also audio cleanup, noise reduction, and that type of thing. I've browsed around a bit and am not even familiar with the names of products!! I know it's possible to get real high end (=expensive) and I don't really want to do that.

I downloaded DSP Quatro X (or something like that) and this looks like it'll do most things and is reasonably priced.

Any comments on this product or suggestions of similar?

any help apprecitated....
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
Skeeep
posté lun. 18 août 2003, 17:51
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 16 avril 03
Lieu : Phila - US
Membre no 16,252

Tromba;
I am an old school Sound Tools user. I hate having to use another Sample Editing program and would prefer if Pro Tools was easier to work with for basic sample editing. To tell the truth, I truly, truly miss Alchemy. I have it, but it's weird with OS9 and forget it with OSX.

I have used DSP Quattro for a few months now and I have grown to love it. It's a pretty quick piece of software that is pretty easy to get around on. I've used Peak and Spark a little and they are good too, but I've grown to like DSP Quattro the best. I use a bunch of the free VST and AU plug ins and it's pretty nice for me now. Maybe you'll find it works for you as well.

Peace.

homershines

for phat drum sounds & samples
contact me at homershines@yahoo.c_om

--------------------
Skeeep
eMail me for info on bangin' drum sounds & samples

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Les messages de ce sujet

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - samedi 12 oct. 2024, 05:32
- © MacMusic 1997-2008