MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Audio Desk Expectations???
viking
posté ven. 1 août 2003, 20:21
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 23 juil. 03
Lieu : Rowlett - US
Membre no 21,732

I'm about to enter the digital recording world, (As well as the Mac world). After exhausting myself on several forums, I'm planning to purchase a Powerbook G4 (867MHz, 256K, 40GB) along with the MOTO 828MKII. These purchases will also exhaust my initial budget.

This will be a songwriting/production platform. I'm a drummer as well and need the input capabilities for when I mic up my kit.

That being said, my concerns are for the software which comes with the 828. My plan is to get acquainted with the Mac and digital recording using MOTU's included software, then upgrading to DP4 or crossgrading to Cubase if I felt it necessary. What should I expect?

-With the 828, will I get Audiodesk 1 or 2?
- I understand Audiodesk does not support MIDI. Does this mean I can't create drum loops or do anytype of sequencing at all unless I upgrade to DP4?
-What are the remaining (if any) issues with OSX and the new 828 that might give me difficulties?

Those are my thoughts for now. Any suggestions beyond my topics whould be appreciated as well.

Viking...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
lync4495
posté mer. 13 août 2003, 01:33
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 08 juil. 03
Lieu : Cherry Hill - US
Membre no 20,991

If you're going to want to mic up your set I don't think any of the interfaces mentioned have enough mic inputs. Motu's 896 does but it's a little more expensive.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Les messages de ce sujet

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - vendredi 11 oct. 2024, 18:29
- © MacMusic 1997-2008