MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Multi-tracking With A 828mkii
Zerfram
posté mar. 29 juil. 2003, 03:22
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 29 juil. 03
Lieu : Ames - US
Membre no 22,104

Hey, if someone could give me some comments, I'd be greatfull.

My Jazz Band director has purchased a 828mkII and wants to use it to make multi-track the jazz band. He wants to record sections on seperate tracks so we can re-record a track if someone makes an error. What would be the best way to go about this. We can only connect 2 mics directly to the 828mkII right? We also have a 24x4 mixer we use for live stuff that I figure we'll need to use. I'm sure this can be done somehow, but I need help.

-Pete
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
scientificbox
posté dim. 3 août 2003, 18:04
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 25 mai 03
Lieu : Montague - US
Membre no 18,485

The web site pretty clearly state that there are only two pre-amps on board. So how would it work attaching mics direct to the inputs on the back? Are you saying that the 828 will supply enough gain to make them work, or are you misinformed?

unless azusa knows a few tricks i don't, this doesn't seem like a good idea. with a transformer based xlr-1/4" adapter, you could probobly get a useable signal into the computer from very loud sources (drums and guitar amps) but the levels would be several(10-30) db lower than through a preamp. i bought a used fostex 450 mixing board (eight pre amps with individual switched phantom power) for $50.00. eight xlr-1/4" adapters would cost at least that much a give poorer results, not to mention the other convienences of having a mixing board around. if you've got a larger budget than mine spearate outboard preamps are a nice option, but before spending too much on them look at the 896. its about $500.00 more than the 828 and has eight good preamp built in.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Les messages de ce sujet

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - vendredi 11 oct. 2024, 02:27
- © MacMusic 1997-2008