MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Beginner Interface, Daw...
T1mon
posté sam. 12 juil. 2003, 13:49
Message #1

Rookie

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 01 juil. 03
Lieu : Neuried - DE
Membre no 20,536

There might be some topics about this already but you don't mind writing a little, do you? wink.gif

I'm a guitar player and want to start to record some of my stuff. (not that it's worth it but it's nice if you can record it together with a drum loop or something like that and to capture ideas on hd)

I would be using a 12" 867mhz Powerbook with 640MB Ram and OSX.
I tried putting my guitar directly into the line in of the PB and then using Audacity to record. As a preamp I use Amplitube Live.
But with that setup I had quite some latency which I think comes from Amplitube because when I play guitar and for example open a window or scroll it takes about 1-2 seconds to do that... not really nice.

So one of my questions is now if this problem would be history with a nice interface? (this one looks nice: M-Audio MobilePre USB

I'm also looking for a nice recording program. There are so many out there and I really have no idea which one to get. I don't need anything professional, it just has to record my guitar and maybe be able to insert a drum loop. (I'm currently using Fruity Loops on a crappy PC but I could get Reason)
So I don't midi.

I hope you understood what I mean. wink.gif Thx!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
scientificbox
posté mer. 23 juil. 2003, 03:08
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 25 mai 03
Lieu : Montague - US
Membre no 18,485

Maximum Audio Tools (M-Audio Delta, USB audio and Firewire products as well as M-Audio USB MIDI controllers)

• Ableton Live Delta audio sequencer (special edition)
• M-Audio ProSession series WAV/REX samples (125MB)
• Arkaos VJ VMP visual performance software (special edition)
• IK Multimedia SampleTank SE VST sample player (special edition)
• DSound RT Express VST host with WAV player (special edition)

i've never used the "delta" version, but abelton live is a very nice loop sequencer. it also works resonably well as a multitrack recorder (if they haven't taken those features out of this version), so if all your looking for is live guitar and some drum loops, it may be all you would ever need. i'm not sure if sampletank will work directly within Live (i don't remember it useing VST inst.) but if it does, you would have some pretty good synth and "acoustic" sounds availiable too.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Les messages de ce sujet

Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (4 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - jeudi 4 juil. 2024, 04:48
- © MacMusic 1997-2008