MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Please Help, Recording set-up
Kurz1
posté lun. 7 juil. 2003, 23:51
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 07 juil. 03
Lieu : Scottsdale - US
Membre no 20,928

I have a Kurzweil K2500x, a Mackie 1202 Mixer, Yamaha Power Amp and Alesis Monitor 2's. Now I need a computer for audio recording. 95% of the time everything will be done on the Kurzweil. In the future I might want to add a vocal, or guitar, or flute. My stuff is (for lack of a better term) New Age. Yanni, George Winston type stuff. Almost all instrumental. I can afford a G5 or a G4 1.25 dual and whatever interfaces or software I need (except full blown pro tools). I don't want to "over-buy". My computer will only be used for music. I want software that is not going to take me forever to figure out how to use. I have been looking at midi interfaces, soundcards, etc. trying to make sense out of all of it. I am electronically illiterate. I would sure appreciate what people would recommend. Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer my question.

Kyle
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
scientificbox
posté ven. 11 juil. 2003, 23:28
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 25 mai 03
Lieu : Montague - US
Membre no 18,485

i think the MoTU 828mkII may qualify as "over buying" for some one who is doing 95% of their music on a K2500. you could get a m-audio delta 44 for less than half the price and spend the remaining $500.00 on a decent mic. even a strereo card (m-audio 24/96, echo mia, pro tools m-box) would be fine if all your doing is vocals and instrumental overdubs.

if the kurzweil is your only synth any cheap (edirol um-1s, m-audio uno, both under $50.00) midi interface will work just fine, but the Motu micro lite 5in 5out would be a nice upgrade at $149.00.

software is too much a matter of personal preference for me to recomend much. cubase seems to be a little less stable than logic or DP. DP might be a little easier to learn than logic. metro is pretty easy to use and cheap, defininately worth trying out.

buy the g5. its over buying, but its too cool not to get.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Les messages de ce sujet
- Kurz1   Please Help   lun. 7 juil. 2003, 23:51
- - dixiechicken   One suggestion. Get a G5 (if you can afford it) a...   mer. 9 juil. 2003, 10:48
- - lync4495   Question regarding the Motu 828 mk-II. That inter...   ven. 11 juil. 2003, 23:45

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - jeudi 17 oct. 2024, 00:21
- © MacMusic 1997-2008