MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Mac Or Pc? Convert Me!, also cubase v emagic logic 6 v protools
alexlively
posté mer. 9 juil. 2003, 19:49
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 09 juil. 03
Lieu : London - UK
Membre no 21,039

Ok here's the deal. I've been a PC user all my life. I know they're not sexy and crash lots. That's what has brought me to this forum. I want to change, but I need to be convinced.

I'm a singer/ songwriter in the need of a fairly decent set up to be able to write/ record and down the line do live performances with. To date I have been using other studios but it is about time I got to grips with the production myself. Some mates use Logic Platinum, some use Cubase. However I go it will be in the portable direction -laptop/ notebook. I want to go to the cheaper end- if it will do a good enough job ie buy up stuff that is a couple of years old. I will be doing mixture of midi and audio, with up to 10 inputs although for the time being it will mainly be one instrument at a time. So:

Mac or PC
Cubase or Logic or Protools. Which versions for value for money.
Any probs going laptop route?
I've got an old (4 years ago) Maxi Studio Isis interface (I think that's what it is)- is that still suitable for what I need.
What other software would I need if I went for one of the above, or should that be all I need.
What should I expect to have to pay- I'm hoping to do the whole thing for within 2k. Can go more or less, but it will all be a loan to add to my ever increasing debts!!!!

I've wandered round sites, read others posts. I'm a little tired, and confused and I'm needing a bit of tender loving care. If you can help, please do!

Lots of love Alex,

huh.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
Synthetic
posté jeu. 10 juil. 2003, 20:21
Message #2

Maniac Member

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 25 juin 01
Lieu : Springfield - US
Membre no 1,082

your options are almost limitless to a point... it really depends on 1) quality 2) $$$ wanted to spend and 3) are you willing to venture into new territory

I grew up on the first Apples.... had a IIe and then never got into computers until I had an 486 100mhz PC running Win 3.1. I had it about a year before getting to play on the performa macs and that was all I needed to switch. The OS made the difference for me. I absolutely hate the Windows OS even though each version gets more and more like the Apple OS. Plus I like knowing that it doesn't take a computer science major to install thrid party devices on Apple computers. Even to this day... I have PC friends that brag about their cheap componets they get but then they spend countless hours trying to get the stuff to work correctly on their PC. I had same problem on the 486. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
----------------------------------------
<span style='font-size:18pt;line-height:100%'>Synthetic Tone</span>
Click above for totally original electronic music, art, & photos.
Click below to become an active member of the MacMusic.org site..

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Become An Active Member</span>

G4 550mhz Tibook & Brand Spankin New Dual G5 2Ghz Power Mac with Tiger.
So long old OS9 apps :(
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Les messages de ce sujet

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - vendredi 11 oct. 2024, 10:20
- © MacMusic 1997-2008