MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Please Help, Recording set-up
Kurz1
posté lun. 7 juil. 2003, 23:51
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 07 juil. 03
Lieu : Scottsdale - US
Membre no 20,928

I have a Kurzweil K2500x, a Mackie 1202 Mixer, Yamaha Power Amp and Alesis Monitor 2's. Now I need a computer for audio recording. 95% of the time everything will be done on the Kurzweil. In the future I might want to add a vocal, or guitar, or flute. My stuff is (for lack of a better term) New Age. Yanni, George Winston type stuff. Almost all instrumental. I can afford a G5 or a G4 1.25 dual and whatever interfaces or software I need (except full blown pro tools). I don't want to "over-buy". My computer will only be used for music. I want software that is not going to take me forever to figure out how to use. I have been looking at midi interfaces, soundcards, etc. trying to make sense out of all of it. I am electronically illiterate. I would sure appreciate what people would recommend. Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer my question.

Kyle
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
dixiechicken
posté mer. 9 juil. 2003, 10:48
Message #2

Icône de groupe

Groupe : Team
Inscrit : 19 mars 03
Lieu : Umeå - SE
Membre no 14,645

One suggestion.
Get a G5 (if you can afford it) and then Motus 828 Mk-II firewire interface.
( this is a terrific audio inteface with mic preamps - no latency cue-mixing - up to four discrete stereo mixes - and the box can act as a standalone mixer as well )

The 828 Mk-II comes with "Audiodesk 2" an audio recording software and a quite powerful recording environment. This setup will NOT do any midi though.

If you want to do midi and want various sync possibilities add an a "Motu MTP AV-Usb".
You can always get a cheaper midi-interface if you dont need all routing and sync pssibilities in the MTP AV.

You can upgrade from Audiodesk to DP4 ( I did ) "Digital Performer" will do both midi and audio in the same app. ( check out the gear at http://www.motu.com/ )

Cheers: Dixiechicken

--------------------
==================
Oh my god it's full of stars…
---------------------------------------------------
Mac-G5-2x.2.0, OS-X 10.5.1, 250/200Gb HD - 7.0Gb ram
DP-5.13, Motu 828 MK-II, MTP AV Usb, ltst drvs,
Kurzweil-2000, EPS-16, Proteus-2000, Yamaha 01V
Emes Kobalt monitors
================================
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Les messages de ce sujet
- Kurz1   Please Help   lun. 7 juil. 2003, 23:51
- - scientificbox   i think the MoTU 828mkII may qualify as "over...   ven. 11 juil. 2003, 23:28
- - lync4495   Question regarding the Motu 828 mk-II. That inter...   ven. 11 juil. 2003, 23:45

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - jeudi 17 oct. 2024, 00:21
- © MacMusic 1997-2008