MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Advice On Audio Equipment???, I had been suggested the digidesign 002
andrew_70
posté dim. 6 juil. 2003, 19:22
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 30 avril 03
Lieu : Lincoln City - US
Membre no 17,001

Hello to all of you knowledgeable musicians-

I am a college student who doesn't have much money to spend on a personal home recording system. I am a guitarest/singer/songwriter who wants to expand to being able to record more then one track at once. A friend in the music industry suggested the digidesign 002 rack, but unfortunately it's a little out of my price range... I'm hoping to spend under $700, because all the rest of my money is going towards important things such as an education blink.gif . Does anyone else have any suggestioons on what to purchase? I have a G4 933 w/ 1.25 gigs or ram and all that good stuff... Thanks!!

Andrew Barden
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
posté lun. 7 juil. 2003, 14:13
Message #2

Groupe :
Inscrit : --
Membre no 0

If you have little preference about using Protools or not then I'd suggest not. While it is a great platform and I used it for many years, for students there are much better applications.

I currently use:

Logic Big Box
M-Audio Mobile Pre
Powerbook G4 867

My audio flies, my MIDI (Sampler Instruments) are unbeatable and I can produce whole tracks within the box. Protools relies much more heavily on audio in and out to produce music. From what I've seen Digital Performer is also an impressive package that is making huge indents in the industry particularly film and tv applications.

On the audio side, get some good pre amps and a decent input box. Even a Edirol UA3 will do the job if you have a mixer with good preamps. Take a look around at the various configuration options but beware of Music Industry types. They will swear Protools is the be all and end all of audio production. They are wrong.

Hope this helps a little.

C
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (2 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - jeudi 17 oct. 2024, 02:44
- © MacMusic 1997-2008