MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Deleting/uninstalling Drivers
jimmynitcher
posté jeu. 5 juin 2003, 16:01
Message #1

Groupe : Validating
Inscrit : 08 juin 02
Lieu : London
Membre no 5,004

I'd like to know if I should delete a driver by uninstalling as opposed to finding the kext file and chucking it in the trash - do I do this by running the installer again and choose an uninstall option? I'm not sure there is one...
Thanks
J

--------------------
Macbook Pro 2 ghz/15"/10.3.4/1 g RAM/x2 monitors/Logic Pro 7.2/Ableton Live 5.0/Reason 3/Fireface 800/PSP Vintage Warmer/Roland JD800/Roland SH101/Arturia Moog Modular/Epiphone Firebird 7/Guitar Rig/Dynaudio BM5a monitors.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
Francois Déchery
posté jeu. 5 juin 2003, 17:05
Message #2

Webmaster
Icône de groupe

Groupe : Admin
Inscrit : 29 oct. 00
Lieu : Sommieres - FR
Membre no 11

i confirm, as dixiechicken perfectly said, use the uninstaller: it will remove all installed file that could be harder than under OS9 to find because OSX file system is really more complex, and a lot of files could be spread in various place that you wont find easely..
And they are permissions problem to remove some files, not to speak about many hidden files (thoses with a name starting with a dot, visible only with some finder replacement shareware like PathFinder or with a "ls -a" command in the terminal)

--------------------
Soif, MacMusic Webmaster

440Software, our new audio software directory

440Software, notre nouveau site sur les logiciels audio pour Mac, PC et iPhone/iPad
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (3 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - dimanche 13 oct. 2024, 12:22
- © MacMusic 1997-2008