MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> ProtoolsLE or 2408 or what?, DAW recording platform choice?
captainsqueeze
posté lun. 22 oct. 2001, 01:47
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 22 oct. 01
Lieu : Rensselaerville
Membre no 2,108

I want to purchase a DAW system for my new MAC G4 w/ 2 internal HD's.  What do you recommend for about $1000-$2000 range..I have been looking at the ProtoolsLE and MOTU 2408 sytems now.  Anyone using these and what are your opinions of the products...learning curves, software that comes with them?  Types of EFX to purchase?  etc...thanks...Greg from Stonewall Studio
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
geedoubleyou
posté sam. 1 déc. 2001, 00:11
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 08 nov. 01
Lieu : Kirkland
Membre no 2,293

The advantage of the 2408 is that you can use it with a wider variety of software.

The Digi 001 works nicely with Pro Tools LE, but with other apps DP3, Cubase, and Logic the Digi hardware has a high latencey. And the midi ports don't appear to work with other sequencers.

Pro Tools is more of an audio app, as opposed to a composition tool.
Pro Tools midi implementation lacks a score feature, and many of the tools that are common with the big 3 sequencing package.

If you treat Pro Tools like a tape deck you'll have no problems. that's why engineers like Pro Tools because they can easily transfer their analog skills, and practices.

--------------------
G-Dub
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (2 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - lundi 16 sept. 2024, 16:57
- © MacMusic 1997-2008