MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Imac 333 Problem, repeated crashes
MOLLOWITZ
posté mer. 16 avril 2003, 22:03
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 24 oct. 02
Lieu : Lutz - US
Membre no 8,732

i currently own an imac 333 with a 6gb hard drive, 160MB RAM, running system 9.2. basically, the only program i can run is ProTools Free. the computer has some kind of hardware problem (i don't think it's software because it does the same thing with basic system software installed) that causes it to crash repeatedly for no reason. i use ProTools for recording my band with a direct interface from the amp to the computer and then burn the bounced audio to an external burner with toast.
--
anyway, it's very annoying to have the computer crash most of the time when you try to open the 'sound' control panel or toast, and all the other applications besides ProTools.
---
the computer was examined by apple service people and they thought that it was either the logic board or the cd drive causing the problems (the only reason i didn't replace these components is because they still weren't sure that was the problem). apple diagnostic tests were run and revealed that there were no 'bad blocks' in the disk. the computer has been continually maintained with Norton Utilities and DiskWarrior, and i routinely optimize and rebuild the disk at least once a month. when i run DiskWarrior (once a month) the graph shows that over 33% is out of order- this is odd considering that all i do on it is record with ProTools!
----
if anyone else has had a problem similar to this please help!
i am considering purchasing a used ibook 500mhz/20gb/256mb RAM (to be used for audio) if this computer can't be fixed.

thanks in advance-

cody
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
lepetitmartien
posté mar. 13 mai 2003, 01:30
Message #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Icône de groupe

Groupe : Editors
Inscrit : 23 déc. 01
Lieu : Paris - FR
Membre no 2,758

Verify all the internal connections, turn the battery a little in case the contact is just wrong… a wrong connection of power and you have nothing.

Drive10 on X is a good solution also for repairs. Also use the internal repair tool inside OS X

Or MacJanitor at Brian Hill's site

among a lot of things wink.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - lundi 10 juin 2024, 08:41
- © MacMusic 1997-2008