MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
> Help! Firewire Isn't Mounting
adawg
posté jeu. 20 mars 2003, 03:26
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 20 mars 03
Lieu : Lagrange - US
Membre no 14,688

i have a western digital 80 gig hd and it wont mount on my computer even though it will on other imacs with OS9.2. i don't know if i disabled my firewire capabilities or what-but please help me find out! thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
gidfiddler
posté ven. 21 mars 2003, 06:14
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 09 janv. 03
Lieu : North Cairns - AU
Membre no 10,612

if U r running os X create a new user, give it admin privledges . log into the new user and see if fw mounts then .
try having the drive off at start up and then turning it on after you have booted .
also look for the drive with the disc utility

if this fails buy your self a copy of DiskWarrior and boot up off the dw disk . boot up the dw application and rebuild the directory using dw . don't turn the suspect drive on till you have booted up off the disk warrior cd and opened the dw application . it should then appear in the drop down menu . you can then rebuild and check the rebuild before saving the new directory . just a cursory view to check the drive is all that is needed .
I cannot recommend this application to highly. it will save you much grief . any body with a firewire drive needs it especially ,as sometimes after a hard crash the os will not see your firewire drive's directory and then dw will save you with the minimum of fuss .
also if the worst happens (this has happened to me once in 4yrs) and your directory is destroyed beyond recovery AND YOU R A REGISTERED OWNER they will assist you over the phone to recreate the directory . i recently recovered a drive with all my mp3's some of which were not backed up using there services . this saved me endless grief over lost music .
dw has a patented way of rebuilding and recovering directories that works for os 9 and X that other recovery tools cannot match . don't even bother with them for this type of usage nothing compares .
it also includes a tool for defragmenting your hard drive which is very useful . as all drives become fragmented over time
every mac user will need this dw at some stage it is essential to have it .if this sounds like a sales trip forgive me but this is a must to hav e

Ce message a été modifié par gidfiddler - ven. 21 mars 2003, 06:35.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Les messages de ce sujet

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - samedi 12 oct. 2024, 08:35
- © 440 Forums 2011