MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Metro 6 Released And Online, Why don't they *tell* us these things...
Levon River
posté ven. 10 janv. 2003, 00:26
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 10 août 02
Lieu : Rimghobb - UA
Membre no 6,734

Topic title sez it all:

http://www.sagantech.biz/acart/agora.cgi

Click on "Software."

And they din't even wait for that damn NAMM, thank-you-ma'am.

There's a non-G4 version, a G4 version (both at $319.99 [Why don't people just charge $320.00 and save the lives of some 9s?]), plus a surprise "SE" version for just $59.99.

Get 'em while they're hot.

Ce message a été modifié par Levon River - ven. 10 janv. 2003, 00:27.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
Levon River
posté jeu. 16 janv. 2003, 04:43
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 10 août 02
Lieu : Rimghobb - UA
Membre no 6,734

QUOTE (BusError @ Jan 15 2003, 17:57)
However, compared to the $80 Intuem is it as usuable (and as crashy) this one boast much more features, in the 3 minutes demo time :-)

If I parsed that right huh.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif I 'd say I agree that Metro has one hell of a lot more MIDI capabilities than Intuem--plus Metro has all the audio features. And with Metro SE, you can get *all* that for *less* than Intuem. (I'm very surprised that they are selling Metro with all that MIDI sequencing muscle for that price. That's a major deal if you ask me. I shudder to recall what the major MIDI-only-sequencer programs with similar capabilities were going for just a few years ago.)

When I was first using Metro this go-'round, I was cursing under my breath 'cause I couldn't find (or remember) how to get controller, pitch bend, etc. information into the "Graphic Editor" window of a MIDI track I was futzing around with, along with the MIDI note information. So I spit and turned to the manual, and then it all came back to me from my old Metro MIDI days that you can stack as many track views as you want in the graphic editor (you just click on the big "+" sign in the upper left for each track view you want to add into that window), and can assign each of those additional track views to any track--including the *same* track. That way, you can have any number of views of the same track--one showing notes, one pitch bend, one MIDI volume, whatever--and they all stay in complete sync, and in complete "zoom" sync as well.

Of course most MIDI sequencers have a way of doing that at least for *one* MIDI track and its controller information. Some even allow you to "blend" a bunch of tracks into a single view, with different colors of notes for different parts (which can become confusing as hell). But when it comes to editing multiple MIDI parts, that's one of the beauties of Metro that I had forgotten how much I missed. Much as I'm a fan of DP, that's one aspect of MIDI editing in DP that sometimes has driven me batty.

Hell, in Metro, you can have the different MIDI parts for, e.g., violins, violas, celli, and contrabasses all stacked up in one "Graphic Editor" window, where it's easy to inspect them for voice-leading problems and what have you. When you zoom that window in or scroll, they all stay entirely locked together, so you are always editing in a proper and sane frame of reference without having to shuffle windows that sometimes have different zoom levels and/or are scrolled to different measures, and/or don't stay in visual sync, and.... Arrrrrgh!

Metro has a very nice solution to all of that. I'm glad I've rediscovered it. biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - dimanche 30 juin 2024, 21:45
- © MacMusic 1997-2008