MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Adding Midi To Powermac 6500, MIDI INTERFACE
dalbatross
posté mer. 8 janv. 2003, 09:16
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 08 janv. 03
Lieu : Laguna - US
Membre no 10,578

HELP! MY MOM WANTS TO HOOK UP A MIDI KEYBOARD TO HER POWERMAC 6500/250. SHE IS A COMPOSER AND WANTS TO TRY USING A MUSIC NOTATION PROGRAM. THE ONLY AUDIO-IN PORT IS A MICROPHONE JACK AND THERE'S NOTHING IN HELP ABOUT MIDI. DOES SHE NEED TO ADD A SOUND CARD? DOES SHE NEED SOME KIND OF EXTERNAL BOX? WHAT SOFTWARE AND HARDWARE DOES SHE NEED?

I HAVE PC BACKGROUND AND MY MOM IS COMPUTER CHALLENGED. DETAILED RECOMMENDATIONS WOULD BE MOST APPRECIATED!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
Levon River
posté sam. 11 janv. 2003, 06:40
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 10 août 02
Lieu : Rimghobb - UA
Membre no 6,734

QUOTE (dalbatross @ Jan 10 2003, 07:05)
She just wants to be able to play some;thing on the keyboard and have it show up in musical notation form on the computer.

Then, dalbatross, she wants MIDI input capabilities, which means she will need to have a MIDI interface (as I described in my first message to you), plus OMS (if she's running OS 9--as I described in my first message to you).

And even though you made a point of ignoring my detailed post attempting to help you and your Mom, I'm *still* going to attempt to help you by pointing you to the least expensive software I know of that I think might functionally get her up and running on what she's trying to do (once there is a MIDI interface connected and configured). It's here:

http://www.myriad-online.com/harmony.htm

It's not Sibelius, but it handles most notation/scoring functions very admirably, with several levels of accessibility and complexity, from novice to pro. Personally, I recommend she cut her computer music teeth on some software like that before she moves on to an expensive package like Finale or Sibelius. YMMV.

I wish you both success.

Ce message a été modifié par Levon River - sam. 11 janv. 2003, 06:41.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (2 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - vendredi 11 oct. 2024, 11:17
- © MacMusic 1997-2008