MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Classical/instrumental Audio Production, Classical/Instrumental Audio Production
ftggog
posté jeu. 12 déc. 2002, 12:02
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 12 déc. 02
Lieu : Singapore - SG
Membre no 10,036

I just bought an emac and found that there's an audio input jack included. I'm an avid classical pianist and would like to try my hand at audio production with the piano. I would like someone to enlighten me on whether I need to get those huge audio mixers, mics, and whether there's a need to soundproof my room? I would also like to know whether any special software is required and what is the audio input jack used for? Lastly, how do I go about recording music from the piano to the Mac ...
Thank you in advance!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
Presto
posté ven. 3 janv. 2003, 17:18
Message #2

Maniac Member

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 24 mars 02
Lieu : Entre-Deux-Mers - FR
Membre no 3,984

ftggog - how are you getting on?

I would say a usb Mbox/Protools LE www.digidesign.com (5 or600$ I think)
Plus a couple of DPA 4060 range miniature mics www.dpamicrophones.com
Check out their "microphone university" if you want to learn about mics and recording.
The 4065 or 4066 fits on your head but you can use it for the piano too. Also DPA has a new instument kit which includes a 4061 mic + means to stick it on the piano. The mics cost the most. Best to find a good price on the web.

Ah, you'll also need the 6001 microdot/XLR adapter for each mic. Also a big Firewire external hard drive would round of the setup nicely. Ah, yes - a good set of headphones too (Of course, nice speakers cost alot)

What's your budget? This set up would be around 2000$ I suppose its too much. Still, you might end up wanting it if you get hooked on recording and want good quality.

You might want to alter the acoustics of your room. If there's too much "echo" you could use the separating cartons between layers of UHT milk bricks at the supermarket. Pin them to the walls where you want to reduce the reflection of the sound. XVIth century tapestries are great too. Persian carpets on a shiny wooden floor. Change the position of the piano and listen etc. How big is your room? Remember the lowest sounds the piano generates have waves as long as 5 or perhaps 10 metres. Still, if you place the mics well, you should get an excellent recording.

Try http://homerecording.about.com/library/wee...ly/aa061097.htm
on recording piano.

--------------------
Without shit, we wouldn't be here ;)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Les messages de ce sujet

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mercredi 9 oct. 2024, 15:15
- © MacMusic 1997-2008