MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Linux On Macs, Experiences?
lepetitmartien
posté ven. 14 juil. 2006, 16:58
Message #1

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Icône de groupe

Groupe : Editors
Inscrit : 23 déc. 01
Lieu : Paris - FR
Membre no 2,758

I've got a G5 and a BW G3, does someone has tried linux installs on one of them, I'd be interested to give it a go later this year. I'm not very up to date on the mac distro available so any input is welcome. smile.gif (and I'm too busy to surf like a mad on the subject) laugh.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
lepetitmartien
posté jeu. 1 juil. 2010, 05:03
Message #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Icône de groupe

Groupe : Editors
Inscrit : 23 déc. 01
Lieu : Paris - FR
Membre no 2,758

Note that I'm running into issues one after another, so if I can give one counsel : on the mac, install Fedora but not Ubuntu Studio at this point. There's something fishy with GRUB2 (the bootloader) used by Ubuntu and Fedora (using GRUB legacy) has not this issue.

For the adventurous, use the Ubuntu live CD and not the DVD of Ubuntu Studio, the install will be way easier. You'll be able to load the studio packages later in 2 clicks.

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - vendredi 5 juil. 2024, 05:22
- © MacMusic 1997-2008