MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Linux On Macs, Experiences?
lepetitmartien
posté ven. 14 juil. 2006, 16:58
Message #1

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Icône de groupe

Groupe : Editors
Inscrit : 23 déc. 01
Lieu : Paris - FR
Membre no 2,758

I've got a G5 and a BW G3, does someone has tried linux installs on one of them, I'd be interested to give it a go later this year. I'm not very up to date on the mac distro available so any input is welcome. smile.gif (and I'm too busy to surf like a mad on the subject) laugh.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
lepetitmartien
posté jeu. 24 juin 2010, 02:44
Message #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Icône de groupe

Groupe : Editors
Inscrit : 23 déc. 01
Lieu : Paris - FR
Membre no 2,758

As a spammer just upped the thread, I'm having a go for some months with a Linux flavor Fedora on the macbook as a double boot. Once installed it works.Though I'm still trying to understand the exact twist to force the mac to understand that it can boot on the linux partition.

Why fedora? Well, it's maintained over all the macs I have. And the how-to to install are understandable, the ones for Ubuntu are confusing IMHO.

Right now I'm trying to install Fedora 13, but it doesn't want to boot and I'm still investigating, it may be something really stupid like the size of the /boot partition… It'd be way easier with a single partition, but as I'm playing with it and doing my geek, I want to understand wink.gif

I'll get back once it works, there's a few things to tune I've never seen elsewhere, and it'd be good to see them online.

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mercredi 2 oct. 2024, 18:26
- © MacMusic 1997-2008