MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
> Help Me Start Out With Acoustic Guitar
timjac
posté lun. 28 avril 2008, 09:33
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 28 avril 08
Membre no 100,684

My regards to the community. I already have a taste of music as I played Saxophone for 6 years and sang in choir for 5. I want to have my fingers going on an acoustic guitar. I already own 2. . I was wondering if anyone could tell me a good way to start out. What should I be doing, etc... That kind of stuff. Any advice would be great.

Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
posté jeu. 18 juin 2009, 05:48
Message #2

Groupe :
Inscrit : --
Membre no 0

Acoustic guitar lends itself to several types of playing; bare finger style including classical and flat picking. Flat picking includes basic strumming and more articulated picking. That's mostly the right hand, assuming you're playing right-handed.

With the left hand, you're working on chords, notes, fills or transitions between them.

Some keys are easier to play in than others because of the way the note lay out on the finger board. The keys of A, C, D, E and G are easiest.

Many people have some difficulty getting the F major chord because it requires that you hold all six strings down with the index finger in what is called a bar chord.

There are chord inversions. A first position G chord can be played two or three additional ways in different places up the neck. These additional ways of playing the chord are called inversions because the notes are played in a different order than the first position chord.

You can pretty much find the lyrics and chords on any song you want on the internet by googling the name and the word "chords." Find a few songs you really like put the hard ones aside and concentrate on learning the 3-4 chord songs until you get the hang of it and build on that.

Here's me doing some finger style stuff. http://www.vimeo.com/2334535

Regards,

Ty Ford

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - jeudi 23 mai 2024, 06:58
- © 440 Forums 2011