MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
> Seagate 7200.11 Es.2, Maxtor Diamond 22, Firmware issue to update
lepetitmartien
posté ven. 16 janv. 2009, 05:49
Message #1

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Icône de groupe

Groupe : Editors
Inscrit : 23 déc. 01
Lieu : Paris - FR
Membre no 2,758

People with 7200.11 hard drives from Seagate should be aware there's a current issue. The disks get locked into protection mode and then are "dead". There should be a firmware update to care of this issue before it appears.

The faulty firmware is SD15. Until a fix is released, avoid powering up and down the drive, back up elsewhere.

This thread centralize all the data about the working/non working drives.

The related forum at Seagate

A press realease from seagate is expected today.

Gosh, I've got at least two three of them…

Ce message a été modifié par lepetitmartien - jeu. 12 févr. 2009, 03:50.
Raison de l'édition : title

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
lepetitmartien
posté ven. 20 févr. 2009, 00:30
Message #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Icône de groupe

Groupe : Editors
Inscrit : 23 déc. 01
Lieu : Paris - FR
Membre no 2,758

The trouble is once it is bricked, either you have to send it to Seagate, which cares of the unbricking for free and send back on a new drive, or you have to unbrick the HD with a rs232 cable modified on a pc and it's a little geeky.

Now, if your disk has been always and/or heavily used (like mine) there's almost no risk the issue appears as it's likely it passed the bug point of the 320th log entry.

I'm still preparing my back ups, as I plan to install new systems on both the MacBook and the G5 (the G5 has the infamous disk as its system HD) as I have to tidy up thing anyway before flashing the disk. I hope to be able to do so net week at a member's wintel pc. smile.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - samedi 21 sept. 2024, 05:22
- © 440 Forums 2011