MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
> Seagate 7200.11 Es.2, Maxtor Diamond 22, Firmware issue to update
lepetitmartien
posté ven. 16 janv. 2009, 05:49
Message #1

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Icône de groupe

Groupe : Editors
Inscrit : 23 déc. 01
Lieu : Paris - FR
Membre no 2,758

People with 7200.11 hard drives from Seagate should be aware there's a current issue. The disks get locked into protection mode and then are "dead". There should be a firmware update to care of this issue before it appears.

The faulty firmware is SD15. Until a fix is released, avoid powering up and down the drive, back up elsewhere.

This thread centralize all the data about the working/non working drives.

The related forum at Seagate

A press realease from seagate is expected today.

Gosh, I've got at least two three of them…

Ce message a été modifié par lepetitmartien - jeu. 12 févr. 2009, 03:50.
Raison de l'édition : title

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
lepetitmartien
posté ven. 23 janv. 2009, 02:46
Message #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Icône de groupe

Groupe : Editors
Inscrit : 23 déc. 01
Lieu : Paris - FR
Membre no 2,758

And there seems to be a few firmware updates up and running at Seagate for ST3500320AS, ST3500620AS, ST3500820AS, ST3640330AS, ST3640530AS, ST3750330AS, ST3750630AS, ST31000340AS.
For other models like ES2, check Seagate website for the procedure (got to write to seagate).
Check carefully the model and firmware version BEFORE applying, as it can brick your drive if applied on the wrong model!

How to burn the ISO CD

If you want to have the geeky inside story about what happened, it's on slashdot

Note that I have not yet gone the full road so this is all the input I can give for now. The Firmware CD will work in intel desktop, provided it's burned the right way, the intel mac is intel and you can set the drive inside the computer on the internal SATA bus. One day, maybe Seagate and others will find out there's enclosures, people not running Windows or people not having a desktop computer but a laptop (I have G3 BW, PWM G5 and macbook here… so screwed)

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - lundi 3 juin 2024, 13:28
- © 440 Forums 2011