MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Multiple Software Controllers In Logic Pro 8
Milca
posté ven. 11 avril 2008, 06:24
Message #1

Rookie

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 25 oct. 04
Lieu : San Diego - US
Membre no 53,854

Hello guys
To make the long story short - I have basicaly 4 controllers
1) M-audio project mix ( using as main mixer)
2) MPD 24 Pad controller ( for drum sampler)
3) M-audio 61keystation - (basically simple keyboard controller)
4) Novation 49Sl Compact - (also keyboard with some extra buttoms)
Anyways when all those controllers are activated in
logic/preferences/control surface they work as one controller.
For example - both keyboards controlling same thing - depending on which keyboard
I play.
What I’m trying to find out if I can assign one keyboard to VST on one track ,second keyboard to another VST on another track and possibly pad controller to third drum track - so for example 3. people can independently play 3. different tracks with their VST-s.
With live instruments it’s a piece of cake - but in this case since all 3. named controllers have USB so I’m not sure how to do it?
I did my research - went through all Logics Enviroment stuff, Even Logic’s 8 Controll surface guide but nothing has really helped me .

If anybody has got experience with this chalenge I would really appreciate your feedback.
Thanks for your time.
Milan
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
Mac Daddy
posté lun. 14 avril 2008, 06:23
Message #2

Advanced Member

Inscrit : 10 févr. 06
Lieu : Hamburg - DE
Membre no 76,633

Deaconblue,

You know or should know a Big Mouth Brother like me has the FXPansions VST-AU Adapter X Built for Mac OS X. I was the FIRST to have it in Hamburg. After all the money I have spent that little investment didn't even cause a second thought. (The only Software that ever caused me to tremble was Pro Tools and Waves)

The fact that I LOST all VST's when going from Logic 6 to Logic Pro 7 screwed up all VST's. The main one was Steibergs Virtual Guitar and Virtual Guitar Electric Edition. The best Guitar Players I ever have known, never out of tune, never late to the "Gig" and no Hiss or Hum!

qusp74, The Areo Smith remark was from South Park, it was said by Chef. As much as I like Areo Smith, I would never go to one of thier concerts... Just ain't cool enough for a brother from New York... Mind you, they can play, but has a brother EVER been to an Areo Smith Concert??? I never heard of one... I really only checked them out because of Run DMC. In fact, that was their biggest "Hit"... Hmmmm, "What they doin' now"? It's rhetorical... Couldn't care less, ain't my thang...

In fact, the only music that is "My Thang" is my own music... and it sure ain't Rock... Besides Rock and DAW is an 'Oxymoron'...

+Quote Post
deaconblue
posté lun. 14 avril 2008, 13:26
Message #3

Inscrit : 27 janv. 03
Lieu : Austin - US
Membre no 11,156

QUOTE (Mac Daddy @ Sun 13 Apr 2008, 23:23) *
Besides Rock and DAW is an 'Oxymoron'...

8-)

Amen, MacDaddy, amen...

But mine is like a big digital 4-Track, so I have to fake it out every now and again. If I can just find a drummer that'll fit in my pocket size studio....

qusp74,

I have used it and with V2 I haven't run into any latency issues, but I am using all my plugs in post, not at capture time. I can test with it in live recording to see if there is a drag on the system and/or latency. I'll post back when I know more on it.

peace

--------------------
...as you dream you shall become.
boxed art media
Musicians' Access
M.A.W.R web radio

+Quote Post

Les messages de ce sujet

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mercredi 9 oct. 2024, 00:25
- © MacMusic 1997-2008