MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
> Recording Drums Last
mellotron
posté mar. 3 déc. 2002, 08:35
Message #1

Rookie

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 30 oct. 02
Lieu : Nashville - US
Membre no 8,890

would it be possible to record everything BUT drums to a click track, then burn these files individually to a cd (or better yet just bring the whole external hard drive) so the session will still contain multitrack files, bring all these files to another studio and track the drums to the pre-recorded tracks and click? or would the drums have to be recorded first in order for them to sync with the song?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
Bart S.
posté mar. 3 déc. 2002, 13:21
Message #2

Rookie

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 30 nov. 02
Lieu : Ooze - BO
Membre no 9,707

Click track can be a drag for most drummer...
It can also influence (in a bad way) how you're gonna record the (previously recorded) other instruments (you're taking the risk to play them like a damn machine...).
I would personnaly rather set up a rough drum track (kind of a demo one) using sound modules/samplers such as Kontakt, Plugsounds, Reason...
Try to make it as close as possible to the final drum beat you wish to use; record your stuffs using it and bring it along with your other tracks. That way the drummer will have more than just a square click-click to play with... Just my opinion.

--------------------
I will not call my teacher "Hot Cakes''...I will not call my teacher "Hot Cakes''...I will not call my teacher "Hot Cakes''...I will not call my teacher "Hot Cakes''...I will not call my teacher "Hot Cakes''...I will not call my teacher "Hot Cakes''...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Les messages de ce sujet

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mercredi 9 oct. 2024, 04:25
- © 440 Forums 2011