MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
> Fargen Amplifiers, Anyone checked these out in a recording environment?
deaconblue
posté jeu. 14 févr. 2008, 06:30
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 27 janv. 03
Lieu : Austin - US
Membre no 11,156

Hey Fellow Forum Members,

A buddy of mine recently pointed me to Fargen amplifiers, for recording in a small to medium studio setting. The Plexi II is a .5 to 12 watt (yep, that is one half) all tube amplifier that has some good tone.

I was curious if anyone has checked these out in a studio or other recording environment. The sound clips sound pretty good, but I was hoping to hear some feedback on real world experience with the amps and their tone.

If these can give a really good, high out put sound at low SPLs then I am thinking I might not have to worry about waking the neighbors any longer when I am trying to get a true tube tone without the DI -> amp simulator signal chain. Plus it might be a good choice to use to re-amp as well.

As always, thanks in advance.

peace.

--------------------
...as you dream you shall become.
boxed art media
Musicians' Access
M.A.W.R web radio
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
mortalengines
posté lun. 18 févr. 2008, 07:30
Message #2

Advanced Member

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 08 mai 05
Lieu : Portland - US
Membre no 65,373

Uh...yeah....originally a guitarist. I just really like the way tube amps and other analog gear sounds. I gotta mention too that, I really like the way alot of the virtual stuff sounds nowadays. I have started to practice more with the guitar though, lately (now that I have the DAW stuff down, it is easier to stretch out) and, am getting real exited about the good sounding stuff coming out as of late. Funny....the other side to this is that my new rig is set up in the living room so, I can practice and dink around with the TV on.....pretty much Heaven. The product of a recent divorce. Don't feel sorry...... I have my kids for 3 days out of 7 and, since I have them for the weekends.... I'm the FUN parent. My ex is the BUZZKILL parent. This is a pretty good arrangement. I am about to put out another CD of IDM type material....the next one will be a bit different.

DeaconBlue,...You didn't dig yourself into a hole. I understand. You get it. You are creative and, you live in Austin. Man....I used to live in San Marcos.....I miss Texas at times. There is some genuinely strange/funky stuff dwelling there. Must be the water.

Ce message a été modifié par mortalengines - lun. 18 févr. 2008, 07:42.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Les messages de ce sujet

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - dimanche 2 juin 2024, 00:14
- © 440 Forums 2011