MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
> Fargen Amplifiers, Anyone checked these out in a recording environment?
deaconblue
posté jeu. 14 févr. 2008, 06:30
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 27 janv. 03
Lieu : Austin - US
Membre no 11,156

Hey Fellow Forum Members,

A buddy of mine recently pointed me to Fargen amplifiers, for recording in a small to medium studio setting. The Plexi II is a .5 to 12 watt (yep, that is one half) all tube amplifier that has some good tone.

I was curious if anyone has checked these out in a studio or other recording environment. The sound clips sound pretty good, but I was hoping to hear some feedback on real world experience with the amps and their tone.

If these can give a really good, high out put sound at low SPLs then I am thinking I might not have to worry about waking the neighbors any longer when I am trying to get a true tube tone without the DI -> amp simulator signal chain. Plus it might be a good choice to use to re-amp as well.

As always, thanks in advance.

peace.

--------------------
...as you dream you shall become.
boxed art media
Musicians' Access
M.A.W.R web radio
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
Mac Daddy
posté ven. 15 févr. 2008, 07:04
Message #2

Advanced Member

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 10 févr. 06
Lieu : Hamburg - DE
Membre no 76,633

deaconblue

Do they Hum? Do they still make Amps that 'Hum'? They must have developed Amps that don't 'Hum' today? 'Hum' is like Diesel Fuel or a Dial Up Modem. I have a Pre CBS Mint Condition Twin Reverb Fender Amp in a Professional Road Case being used as a "Roll Around Coffee Table" I won't use in the Studio because in 'Hums' and don't bump into it because the "Spring Reverb" sounds like a violent 'Thunder Storm'. But, "Live", it can't be beat. But, for Recording, it's DI, (Direct In) Line 6 or Guitar Rig for me.

BTW deaconblue, the only thing you need to help your sound is an audience, because with or without 'Hum' you got all the 'Licks, Riffs, Chords and Leads down to a Fine Science. You can make a Rubber Band sound like Hendrix, Santana, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Clapton or Robert Cray. Why ain't you a rich and famous star yet? I know the answer, "Your family is more important than anything else". If you only had two weeks, you could give the Air Waves a needed surge of Real Music. Your time will come.

"I be's a Fan fo sho... I'd be sceaming at your concert like a teen-age Groupie at an Aerosmith concert". Plus, I would expect lots of Guitar Hum and some nasty ear shattering Feed Back. But, I don't wanna hear it on your CD! You knows I lubs ya!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Les messages de ce sujet

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (2 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - samedi 1 juin 2024, 14:19
- © 440 Forums 2011