MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Noisy Audio In G5, noisy audio in G5
crazyoval
posté ven. 4 janv. 2008, 20:17
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 04 janv. 08
Membre no 97,781

Hi guys.

I've just got myself a 2nd hand dual 2.7Mhz G5 running 10.4 and 4Mb RAM. Ive upgraded from a G4.

I have an issue with the G5 in that there is a lot of background noise, when I turn the volume up its like a bleeping sound mixed with buzz and crackle as I move the mouse around the screen. I had this on a G4 Powerbook and I could only stop it when I disconnected the power, clearly an option I don't have on the G5.

Has anyone else experienced this and has got to a solution? Ive done a search for 'noise' but couldn't find anything else.

Thanks in advance....
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
fictionmusic
posté lun. 7 janv. 2008, 08:53
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 10 avril 04
Lieu : Ottawa - CA
Membre no 40,632

QUOTE (crazyoval @ Fri 4 Jan 2008, 19:17) *
Hi guys.

I've just got myself a 2nd hand dual 2.7Mhz G5 running 10.4 and 4Mb RAM. Ive upgraded from a G4.

I have an issue with the G5 in that there is a lot of background noise, when I turn the volume up its like a bleeping sound mixed with buzz and crackle as I move the mouse around the screen. I had this on a G4 Powerbook and I could only stop it when I disconnected the power, clearly an option I don't have on the G5.

Has anyone else experienced this and has got to a solution? Ive done a search for 'noise' but couldn't find anything else.

Thanks in advance....

What you need to do is download and install CHUD tools from the apple site.

http://developer.apple.com/tools/download/

Once you do that you'll have a little icon on the top menu bar (by the date on the top right). If you click it a menu appears and at the bottom of it there is the line
"open hardware prefs"

click that and a window opens up. Under power there is a dialog box that says "nap"

click it and your noise issues should vanish.

Every time you restart you'll need to go back and turn off the nap function, but other than that you should be good to go. I use CHUD tools version 3.5 and not the later ones so if possible, I'd recommend you getting that.

QUOTE (fictionmusic @ Mon 7 Jan 2008, 07:48) *
QUOTE (crazyoval @ Fri 4 Jan 2008, 19:17) *

Hi guys.

Thanks in advance....

What you need to do is download and install CHUD tools from the apple site.

http://developer.apple.com/tools/download/

Once you do that you'll have a little icon on the top menu bar (by the date on the top right). If you click it a menu appears and at the bottom of it there is the line
"open hardware prefs"

click that and a window opens up. Under power there is a dialog box that says "nap"

click it and your noise issues should vanish.

Every time you restart you'll need to go back and turn off the nap function, but other than that you should be good to go. I use CHUD tools version 3.5 and not the later ones so if possible, I'd recommend you getting that.

here is a better link....

ftp://ftp.apple.com/developer/Tool_Chest/...formance_tools/

I'd go with 3.52 release.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (4 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mercredi 26 juin 2024, 20:42
- © MacMusic 1997-2008