MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Computer / Fan Noise, How to quiet it down for recording?
zwallace
posté mar. 15 oct. 2002, 16:32
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 13 juin 02
Lieu : Huntington Beach
Membre no 5,088

I'm recording in the same room as my G4. Unfortunately for me, there's no way around that. The machine, as you all know, is way too noisy. I thought I remembered seeing a product that quiets things down. I think it was a large case that the G4 goes inside, and somehow keeps things quiet and at the right temperature. Did I dream this up? Can anyone lend a hand here? Other suggestions welcome, though I am looking to completely get rid of noise coming from the tower (if possible). Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
holli
posté mer. 27 nov. 2002, 15:05
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 06 nov. 02
Lieu : Brighton - UK
Membre no 9,035

I was recently able to nock a brick out in my studio, put in a little baffle panel of neoprene and put the G4 on the other side, not in the garden biggrin.gif , actually just outside the studio bathroom biggrin.gif blink.gif ADC cables and flat screen monitors are cool things indeed, nice long firewire cable (2408) and ethernet and it's sorted. It's so nice to work in a deathly silent studio.

Something else you might look at are acoustitiles, the ones that cost about £15 a go. You can put 4 or 5 around the mac like an audio igloo (?), one about half a foot from the rear -you be AMAZED at how much noise they soak up. You can also use them for many recording apps as well, pop a few round a kick drum for eg smile.gif

check out www.studiospares.com for these xxx
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Les messages de ce sujet

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (2 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - dimanche 21 juil. 2024, 19:51
- © MacMusic 1997-2008