MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> How To Use A Laptop As Another Computer Extended Desktop?, Macbook Pro Extended Desktop
LPR4VI
posté dim. 16 déc. 2007, 12:39
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 23 mars 07
Lieu : Bayside - US
Membre no 89,659

I'm getting a macbook pro (leopard) and want to use my 3 yr old ibook g4 as an extended desktop (dual display). Is anyone having success with this, and if so, what cord/adapter are you using? huh.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
makaala
posté dim. 23 déc. 2007, 08:58
Message #2

Rookie

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 17 août 05
Lieu : Den Haag - NL
Membre no 68,847

Mortalengines,
I just read a story of a group of people who signed a pact to not purchase anything for a year. They were so enthusiastic, some will continue for another year. Regarding gear, (and I suppose other possessions ) we tend to become seduced by the "new" or the promises of better, greater, more tracks and effects but frequently get issues of hardware incompatibility, expense of upgrading key software, learning curve as well as anxiety coupled with frustration.
example: just on the verge of upgrading to leopard on release ( bad idea ), I hesitated then found M-audio hadn't released a driver for the firewire 410. I decided not to upgrade for that reason and then got a call for a voiceover demo for a potentially lucrative client. If I had screwed up and installed, the interface wouldn't have worked the next day and I would have lost an opportunity.
They sell cars under the premise of bigger, better, sexier, etc. when all you are using it for is going to get groceries and or the pizza... consumerism will be looked upon one day as an odd pathology. Creating great music sometimes comes from using magnificent tools but I insist that the majority of good music comes from listening and using what you have. My bands drummer once insisted on coming to an acoustic practice in my living room. He brought his brushes and played along on a cardboard box. I was stunned it sounded so good..... he was incredible and taught me a lesson. Don't let gear stop your creative flow.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mardi 28 mai 2024, 23:41
- © MacMusic 1997-2008