MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
> Nobody In The Control Room, Set-up for studio recording alone?
Presto
posté mar. 20 août 2002, 14:52
Message #1

Maniac Member

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 24 mars 02
Lieu : Entre-Deux-Mers - FR
Membre no 3,984

During a one-instrument/voice session in a recording studio, I need to be at the controls of both the computer and my voice or instrument. I can't be on both sides of the glass, and mosttimes when I feel inspired for recording, nobody competent is going to be there to help.

Its a small well insulated studio for a small 'association' of musicians - I think you'd say club in English. For the moment its analogical, but I prefer to use my own Mac-based equipment.

We've decided to put the computer screen against the glass, and control it through a mouse and phones in the recording room.

Has anybody any experience of studio recording with nobody in the control room?

--------------------
Without shit, we wouldn't be here ;)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
DigitMus
posté lun. 18 nov. 2002, 09:39
Message #2

Rookie

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 20 mai 01
Lieu : Port Charlotte
Membre no 658

You might want to look at something like the Peavey PC1600x. It's a MIDI controller with 16 sliders, 16 buttons and a rotary encoder. If your DAW responds to MMC (MIDI Machine Control) you can program the 1600X to send Record, Play, Stop, FF, RW and track arming (record ready), and use the rotary encoder as a scrub or jog wheel. You could also create another preset where all the sliders are track faders for playback. Lots of possibilities, but it all depends on how MIDI is implimented with the software you are using. It's a cheap alternative (about $300, I think - I bought mine a few years ago) to the HUI and various control surfaces that have appeared on the scene in the last year or so.

Scott
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (2 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mercredi 9 oct. 2024, 00:24
- © 440 Forums 2011