MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Sick Of M-audio Fw410, aaarrgh!!
eMpTy
posté lun. 12 juil. 2004, 03:12
Message #1

Rookie

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 11 mars 04
Lieu : Honolulu - US
Membre no 38,208

Once again M-Audio comes out with a crap driver for the FW410, I am getting so sick of this. angry.gif

So I install the new driver thinking it is going to rectify the not able to wake up problem, first thing I do is open the panel check to see the driver number then go to load a saved set and as soon as the load button is pressed some crash notice comes up with a file location and some other stuff. So I go to open Grab to get a screen shot, switch back to the FW410 Panel using TAB+Command and as soon as I touch the screen I get an OS crash with the multi language white writing on a black background.

I am so annoyed by M-Audio and the problems I have had with this product from day one, CDs that didn't work, crashed OSX multiple times, not working as advertised and shit driver after shit driver.

I will try not buy any of their products again and I hope you don't either for your sake.

Sorry to be so negative but it is too much already.

Ce message a été modifié par eMpTy - lun. 12 juil. 2004, 03:13.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
kactus
posté ven. 3 août 2007, 12:07
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 03 févr. 03
Lieu : Lisbon - PT
Membre no 11,396

Hi,

I've had the FW410 for 4 years, is my main audio interface, i did a lot of gigs with it and everything always worked. In studio situations, the FW410 is connected to FW port of PBG4 Titanium 867, and i've a couple of FW hard drives and a DVD recorder all daisychained through the FW410, and still no problems, i've updated the drivers anytime M-audio puts a new one. Working in Mac OX 10.4.1.
There's was time when I did a lot of SPDIF transfers from a Tascam DAP-1 portable Dat, and even then no problems. Sometimes I work with complex setups live (I ususally work with MAX/MSP - in studio I also work with Logic, ProTools, Peak...), for instance receiving a SPDIF Stereo signal and a analog stereo signal at the same time, manipulated both signals and send them trough outs 1-2/3-4 to the PA, and using 5-6 to feed a dry mix of the 4 channels into another laptop, all very smoothly with no problems.

I like it, but nowadays there are more interesting interfaces, with more ins and smaller size and price,
when I bought it there was only 2 FW interfaces in the market this one and a really "Beast" the Metric halo,
but it was a rack size interface, so hard to carry around in gigs.

CS
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Les messages de ce sujet

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - vendredi 5 juil. 2024, 23:23
- © MacMusic 1997-2008