MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
> Connecting the Finalizer, How to. . . .
gravity
posté jeu. 30 mai 2002, 22:35
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 30 mai 02
Lieu : Tokyo
Membre no 4,894

I am in the market to buy a TC Electronics Finalizer for my studio. Currently, I am running my outboard gear to an analogue mixer and then into my G4 tower via RME 98/6 soundcard. If I want to use my computer as a sequencer for playback as well as be able to record the audio through the finializer and back into the MAC at the same time is this possible or will I need to buy a DAT or another recording device?? Any advice is appreciated . . . .thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
Teiwaz
posté dim. 17 nov. 2002, 02:15
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 30 oct. 02
Lieu : Los Angeles - US
Membre no 8,882

Speaking as a man, Damann is absolutely right!

His description of TC's finalizer is exactly what it is. 3 different units rolled into one, packaged and sold as a rack mount finalizer...by TC (good company.)

Metaphysical? I thought you were going to say something about Metasynth for a second there...!

tongue.gif

But why a finalizer? I would first take ALL of Damann's advice, and on top of that check out the new Waves Masters plug-ins...they blow the TC Finalizer out of the water, and you can simply insert them across your stereo output, in software, and bounce to disk. Of course, you're not limited to one method of mastering when using plug-ins...know what I mean?

wink.gif
Why make life more difficult with an external mastering unit? I insert my mastering plugs, then when I save my song (I'm using Logic) EVERYTHING is saved, including all plug-in settings, which means if you have to later remix the same track, you won't be fiddling about with an external piece of mastering rack gear recalling patches scribbled down on a bit of paper or a computer stickie somewhere (bits of paper can get lost, and stickies can get deleted !)

My advice is get 'plugged in' for mastering...follow the path of least resistance, and sound all the better for it!

wink.gif

PS: I use my Sony A8 dat machine as a doorstop now...

PPS: T-Racks sounds WAY better when you can actually hear what you're doing with it ie: I occasionally use it via an Apogee AD-8000...a whole different ball game...otherwise, you are not getting the sonic picture via the apple's sound manager...!

wink.gif

--------------------
Nobody can take from you what you give freely.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (2 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mardi 8 oct. 2024, 22:15
- © 440 Forums 2011