MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Logic Express Or Live ?, Should I buy Logic Express or Ableton Live....
Philthy
posté mar. 10 avril 2007, 03:42
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 21 janv. 07
Lieu : Sydney - AU
Membre no 87,552

OK, I know I’m probably about to open a heated debate but, do I buy Ableton Live or Logic Express (Logic Pro is not an option).

Here’s my situation –

I produce mainly electronic music using loops and Soft synths, although I occasionally record guitar and vocals.
I have previously used Sony Acid but having moved to a Mac this is no longer an option.
Since moving to the Mac I’ve been using Garageband, and whilst I’ve now outgrown it I have found the selection of instruments and effects very useful.
I also DJ, at present using standard vinyl and CD turntables.
I’m on a budget, Logic Express will leave me with a few dollars spare, Live will clear out the piggy bank.

I like the idea of the all in one solution that Logic provides, and am worried that Live will fall short in the soft instruments provided, will there be enough to keep me going until I can afford to purchase some more soft synths?
Logic is probably also closer in concept to the DAW’s I’ve been used to.

However, having tried Live I loved the alternatives provided for song arrangement, the spontaneity of it, and I can see the possibilities for Djing, none of which Logic would provide.
The only thing that concerned me about Live is the audio quality, which seemed a bit rough if tempos are radically changed (is this something to do with warping?).

I’d love to try Logic too, but Apples trial download page doesn’t seem to work (anyone any ideas on this as Apple themselves don’t seem interested).

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated, particularly if you have experience of both products.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
Philthy
posté mar. 10 avril 2007, 23:38
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 21 janv. 07
Lieu : Sydney - AU
Membre no 87,552

redstrype,

You say you are using Live Lite ? Which features are omitted from the full version of Live, are there a limited number of tracks available for instance.

I had considered buying an M-Audio soundcard (which come bundled with Live Lite) and buying Logic Exp. That way I could upgrade Live in the future and I'd effectively get a soundcard for nothing (I won't bore you with the math!).

Thanks for the replies guys (and gals ?).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - vendredi 27 sept. 2024, 12:04
- © MacMusic 1997-2008