MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Evolution Mk-249c Problem
bitstream
posté dim. 16 oct. 2005, 15:21
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 16 oct. 05
Lieu : Varna - BG
Membre no 71,319

Please someone help me! I have a proble. I'm a new mac user. Actually that's my first mac. I have this Evolution MK-249c USB Midi cotroller that i used on my old PC. When i plugged it in the iMac's USB port it appeared in the hardware profile but i couldn't see it in the audio/midi setup. There are no drivers for this device, it's class-compliant. On Evolution's site it says it should work perfectly. I read an review of this controller where the guy said it worked immediately. I just can't figure that problem out. And i have tried alot. Please if anyone had that problem or similar, share the resolution with me. I'm using iMac G5 with MacOS X 10.4.2 Tiger. Thank you.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
charlessw
posté dim. 25 mars 2007, 02:02
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 25 mars 07
Membre no 89,698

My setup:
Evolution MK-249 Keyboard (MIDI/USB out)
iMac 17" Early 2006 1.9GHz
iMac 20" Early 2006 2.0GHz
Garageband 3.0.4 (latest version)

Here are a couple things I've found are important:
1. If you are connecting via USB, make sure your USB MIDI OUT is turn "ON". To turn it on, press "BANK MSB" and "TRANSPOSE" at the same time. The display will then blink either "on" or "OFF". Press the + or - buttons to change it to ON to use USB MIDI.

2. Some articles talk about restarting when you plug in new MIDI devices.

Before you open any audio apps, I recommend chcking if the device is even "seen" by your computer. Choose Apple Icon in top left > About This Mac... and choose "More Info". If your USB Midi Keyboard is not listed in the USB devices, then you have a problem- for whatever reason, the USB port isn't working, and some people recommend not using the USB cable, and using the MIDI cable to connect instead.

Other people talk about the importance of using the Audio Midi Setup program in Applications/Utilities/. Some recommend trashing the .plist file for audio midi setup, located in Mac HD > User > Library > Preferences > com.audiomidisetup.plist
Others talk about bypassing the Audio Midi Setup altogether and not using it.

3. Does your keyboard not show in the USB Devices area of your computer? It is possible the USB port is "fried" on your keyboard- or some people say. They recommend using the MIDI port.

Personally, my keyboard is not recognized when I plug into the USB port. So, either:
-my USB cable is bad (low chance)
-the USB port is fried (possible? unsure)
-the keyboard's circuitry is faulty (possible- I found my keyboard in a dumpster)
-OSX 10.4.9 does not work with this keyboard / needs drivers (I doubt it- supposedly this keyboard has worked without drivers for the past several versions. While some people swear they need to use older drivers such as the ones for OSX 1.1.5... I'm unsure)

I'm going to test this keyboard using an MBOX (MIDI to USB controller) as well as direct to a Windows Machine through the Serial Game port and report back.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - lundi 30 sept. 2024, 21:41
- © MacMusic 1997-2008