MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Mac Pro Killed My Pro Tools
epidermus
posté ven. 13 oct. 2006, 21:59
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 28 nov. 05
Lieu : Albuquerque - US
Membre no 73,103

I've been running Pro Tools 7 on my old 15" Powerbook G4, and everything worked fine. I recently switched to the new Mac Pro quad 3.0 GHz 2 GB ram, Mac OS 10.4.8- and tried to install PT 7. The installation went fine (twice), but when I try to run PT the screen greys out and says I have to resart my comp. Is this a compatibility issue with the mac pro?

Or maybe something to do with my syncing with my powerbook when I set up the mac pro?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
monkeyboy23
posté sam. 14 oct. 2006, 00:17
Message #2

Icône de groupe

Groupe : Team
Inscrit : 19 déc. 05
Lieu : Austin - US
Membre no 74,134

QUOTE (epidermus @ Fri 13 Oct 2006, 20:59) *
I've been running Pro Tools 7 on my old 15" Powerbook G4, and everything worked fine. I recently switched to the new Mac Pro quad 3.0 GHz 2 GB ram, Mac OS 10.4.8- and tried to install PT 7. The installation went fine (twice), but when I try to run PT the screen greys out and says I have to resart my comp. Is this a compatibility issue with the mac pro?

Or maybe something to do with my syncing with my powerbook when I set up the mac pro?

Which version of PT? Make sure your running the Intel compatible version. Repair permissions, etc.

I don't think either your Mac or 10.4.8 have been qualified for PT use (although I've been running 10.4.8 on my G5 tower without issue). Check the compat list at Digi's site. While you're there, pop into the DUC and see if anyone else with your setup is having the same hassle. Obviously, you shouldn't get kernal panics when starting it up.

+Quote Post
fquereuil
posté sam. 14 oct. 2006, 00:23
Message #3

Rookie

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 12 nov. 02
Lieu : Daly City - US
Membre no 9,215

Pro Tools 7 only works on G5 computers. The Mac Pro has Intel Processors and you need Pro Tools HD 7.2.1 software. If you have 7.2, the Mac Pro -compatible 7.2.1 is a free download.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (2 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - lundi 17 juin 2024, 10:58
- © MacMusic 1997-2008