MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> New Macbook With Intel Dual Core
edvin
posté ven. 26 mai 2006, 14:45
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 26 avril 06
Lieu : Trondheim - NO
Membre no 79,380

Hi all,
this is my first post to these forums, so please be gentle unsure.gif
I once was a keyboardist, have strayed into ITM (irish traditionalmusic) for some time,
but started wondering about trying out a Mac (my PC is old and very noisy!), and eventually play around with some music software etc.

So, I notice the new MacBooks, how about those? Does anybody already have any experience with them for music? Software I am considering would be Reason + Cubase, Ableton Live etc... I.e. some soft synth + live recordings. Would it be able to handle that?

And if I should upgrade the RAM to 1GB, with a laptop this small is this something a user can easily handle him(herself?

Thanks and all the best;
Eivind
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
lepetitmartien
posté lun. 29 mai 2006, 17:45
Message #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Icône de groupe

Groupe : Editors
Inscrit : 23 déc. 01
Lieu : Paris - FR
Membre no 2,758

As a side note, we learned today (thanks to Macbidouille/hardmac) that changing the hard drive in the macbook doesn't void the warranty.Save if you break something while accessing the place (very few parts around anyway)

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
edvin
posté sam. 3 juin 2006, 14:24
Message #3

Inscrit : 26 avril 06
Lieu : Trondheim - NO
Membre no 79,380

QUOTE (lepetitmartien @ Mon 29 May 2006, 16:45) *
As a side note, we learned today (thanks to Macbidouille/hardmac) that changing the hard drive in the macbook doesn't void the warranty.Save if you break something while accessing the place (very few parts around anyway)

I see, well that has to be good news.
But, it comes with an 80GB HD and I thought that was the max?
BTW, I got a nice deal on a MacBook (black) w/2GB RAM and think I'll go for that :-) Woo!

Edvin

+Quote Post
Justin Thyme
posté mer. 19 juil. 2006, 02:00
Message #4

Inscrit : 18 juil. 06
Lieu : US
Membre no 81,567

QUOTE (edvin @ Sat 3 Jun 2006, 08:24) *
I see, well that has to be good news.
But, it comes with an 80GB HD and I thought that was the max?
BTW, I got a nice deal on a MacBook (black) w/2GB RAM and think I'll go for that :-) Woo!

No, some systems come with up to 120GB HD's.

I also have one of the MacBooks, and have been quite happy so far. Reason is a UB and runs well. As for Cubase, there so far isn't any word on UB progress other than "we're working on it".

I have the Digidesign version of Live, and it seems to run alright, but I hear the app is overall more of a resource hog than something like Cubase due to it's warping capability.

Garageband actually seems a bit sluggish. From what I've read, Logic Express/Pro seems more responsive.

I'm still looking for the right audio app to match with Reason. I'm familiar with Cubase, but the silence coming from Steinberg is not encouraging. I could upgrade my MBox to use Pro Tools LE 7, but I wasn't thrilled with 6.7 (although I hear that 7.0 is better at MIDI and dealing with loops).

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mercredi 3 juil. 2024, 10:25
- © MacMusic 1997-2008