MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Reason 2.5 Not Installing On Osx
BoosterGold
posté mar. 18 juil. 2006, 02:55
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 03 juin 05
Membre no 66,395

I wonder if any of you guys could help me. I have not been able to install Reason on my iMac G5. I can install the program disc fine and after installed it prompts me to insert the Orkestra disc. However, when I put the Orkestra CD in, the computer seems to register the CD but then spits it right back out, same with the sound bank CD. I have tried installing many times with the same results. I really want to get to making music and this installation is really giving me a headache. If any of you guys could help me with this it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
monkeyboy23
posté mar. 18 juil. 2006, 05:01
Message #2

Icône de groupe

Groupe : Team
Inscrit : 19 déc. 05
Lieu : Austin - US
Membre no 74,134

QUOTE (BoosterGold @ Tue 18 Jul 2006, 01:55) *
I wonder if any of you guys could help me. I have not been able to install Reason on my iMac G5. I can install the program disc fine and after installed it prompts me to insert the Orkestra disc. However, when I put the Orkestra CD in, the computer seems to register the CD but then spits it right back out, same with the sound bank CD. I have tried installing many times with the same results. I really want to get to making music and this installation is really giving me a headache. If any of you guys could help me with this it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

The one time this happened to me was when I was upgrading to 3.0 from 2.5. I was using the wrong Orkestra cd, it turned out. I forget the specifics, but I popped the other versions Orkestra cd in and it worked. Hopefully that's it.

+Quote Post
deaconblue
posté mar. 18 juil. 2006, 15:27
Message #3

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 27 janv. 03
Lieu : Austin - US
Membre no 11,156

Hey Booster,

What happens if you put either the Orkester CD or the SoundBank CD into the drive when you are not using it to install? Do they mount? Do they have the correct name(s)? If they do, then I would agree with Monkeyboy, the version you are trying to use is not the correct one for the Reason version you are installing. If they do not mount or show up incorrectly in the Finder after they mount on the desktop, then I would contact Propellerheads to get a new copy as your CDs may be damaged or corrupted.

One other thing to try, just to be on the safe side, if they mount on the desktop correctly, but you still can't use them, make sure you try to repair the disc (hard drive volume) and the permissions using disk utility. Permissions issues can cause very weird things to happen. Sinc eReason writes to different directories during install, this could be causing some problems as well.

Good luck.

peace.

--------------------
...as you dream you shall become.
boxed art media
Musicians' Access
M.A.W.R web radio

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - dimanche 13 oct. 2024, 05:19
- © MacMusic 1997-2008