MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Some Logic Problems Can Anyone Help ?, EXTERNAL H.DRIVES - KEYBOARD - CORRUPT AUDIO FILES...STILL !!
PAUL R
posté sam. 8 juil. 2006, 14:24
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 05 juin 05
Lieu : LONDON - UK
Membre no 66,480

I have got a few annoying probs with Logic - I,ve been using it a year and getting on reasonably well - infact finished my first album on Logic !
RUNNING 2.5 G5 Dual with 3 gig ram / Logic 7.2 / MOTU 24 io supports all resoloutions.

Firstly I still get the audio corrupt messages after a year when opening a song damaged audio file message comes up...Also whist actually tracking,occasionally the new audio recording will just play back as white noise !!
I'm set up for 24 bit recording and tried all other different settings,resoloutions and audio formats,still this happens quite randomly..I then have to close and re-open the song THEN Logic 7.2 allows me to repair the audio file - Its not a major problem but HAS ANYONE GOT ANY IDEAS ??? Logic support never could figure it out.....

Secondly - my keyboard ( not contoller the typing one ) will stop working - again randomly - I can't stop or start logic and Zoom etc stops working...again I close it down and it is fine for a while..just an annoyance..ANYONE HELP ?

The latest annoyance is with plug-in samplers - I bought BFD drum unit and more recently EWQL symphonic orchestra.
Knowing how these take processor and hard drive space I bought 3 Lacie extreme drives one for drums one for audio and one for orchestra - I got a pci card for hi speed firewire and off I went.
The BFD won't work in 24 bit mode ( my project is set to record 24 bit - but should'nt affect the drum sampler )
it chokes,stutters and generally is a pain...it will however work in 16 bit mode - that gives less detail and footprint on my system...ok I can get by thats fine..
THEN recently ( a month or so after BFD ) I added ni kompact Strings plug in/library from Eastwest Symphonic and...guess what? Same problem as BFD !! Chokes,white noise..its horrible..but with EWQLO you can't change the sample resoloution - Although I got the Direct From Disk stream running etc.
Yep - I tried support and updates on these units.
Yep - I installed latest updates.
Yep - I contacted support and related forums.
Yep - No change - still chokes and garbage noise in both units...
I have moved the samplers and libraries to different hard drives including the internal one and still no change...
It is my guess that the external hard drives can't 'KEEP UP' with the processing
To be honest - I really don't know..thats why I'm here.

I just wanna make music not spend all my time in forums and support lines.

Logic as a programme is excellent - I'm not tempted to but my old 16 track back ( anyway it went to Jamaica - some reggae band bought it ) but it seems that some external hard drives and 3rd party plug -ins don't interact correctly with Logic !

They say that their products work seamlessly but I wish these manufacturers would own up and tell you that your gonna have problems before you have parted with all the cash and done troubleshooting for them !! They NEVER offer your money back - which in any other product service would be illegal - if it don't work - then money back I say.

Sorry
Thats my rant over with...

BACK TO THE POINT OF THIS

Can any one offer realistic comments and possible soloutions to my hard drive / sampler debarcle - Is there a way of testing the speed of the Lacie / pci firewire units ??
Maybe I expect too much from My G5 Logic set-up..
By the way the samplers were all running inside an otherwise empty song - so what chance would I have of running BFD 24 bit and a string section inside a tune with guitars and vocals ???
Less than NONE says my cynical side.

ha ha.
Thanks for reading
Paul
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
gdoubleyou
posté jeu. 13 juil. 2006, 18:18
Message #2

Maniac Member

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 12 oct. 01
Lieu : Kirkland
Membre no 2,002

Also make sure you have the Apple Pro Application Support Patch, should be on Apples site or you should be able to find with the software update utility.

Also observe the Activeity monitor found in the utilities folder, to help determine if its a cpu or disk problem.

You can use the system profiler to get an overview of the hardware and software on your machine.

cool.gif

--------------------
G-Dub
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - samedi 21 sept. 2024, 23:44
- © MacMusic 1997-2008