MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Does The Logic Exs24 Do Sample Rate Conversion?
JackC
posté ven. 18 oct. 2002, 15:18
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 15 août 02
Lieu : DUBLIN - IE
Membre no 6,879

I'm happily using Logic 4.8 with a MOTU 2408 at the moment.
I'm planning to upgrade to a DP G4 running Logic 5.x (or maybe even 6.x by that stage!) when the whole OSX scenario settles down and I'm sure I can have a fully functioning kick-ass system.
My question is this; Having spent many hours importing my Akai CDROMS into the EXS24 (which are all 16bit 44.1kHz Samples), if I buy my nice new 96k audio card and run all my sessions at 96k, can I use my extensive EXS24 44.1kHz sample library within these lovely 96k Sessions?
Doe's Logic 'up-size' the Samples or am I living in hope ... or what...?!!

Question 2; I was considering a MOTU 2408 MkIII front-ended with Apogee DA16 & AD16. This new Universal Audio ADAT thingy looks pretty cool too. Any suggestions?!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
Synthetic
posté ven. 18 oct. 2002, 17:59
Message #2

Maniac Member

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 25 juin 01
Lieu : Springfield - US
Membre no 1,082

you should be able to use your sample library... I don't think the ESX24 will change the rate to 96khz though... you bring up a good question that may have to be directed to Emagic for best advice because the system you speak of is only theoretical at this point and time since I don't see an OSX 96khz version of ESX24 yet. Worse case scenario is that you would have to use a seperate audio editor to change the sampling rate of the files and they would not actually benefit from the increased sampling rate due to their original 44.1khz rate.

I suggest contacting www.sweetwater.com at 1-800-222-4700 and then enter extension 1398... that will be my rep... David Hess and he is really friendly and may be able to answer some of your questions. When you are ready to purchase, consider them as they awesome customer support. Never had to pay shipping for any returns and no argueing and any product I buy from them has 24-7 tech support. biggrin.gif Oh yeah, I am in no way paid for my endorsement haha... too bad cause I could use it wink.gif

--------------------
----------------------------------------
<span style='font-size:18pt;line-height:100%'>Synthetic Tone</span>
Click above for totally original electronic music, art, & photos.
Click below to become an active member of the MacMusic.org site..

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Become An Active Member</span>

G4 550mhz Tibook & Brand Spankin New Dual G5 2Ghz Power Mac with Tiger.
So long old OS9 apps :(
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - lundi 23 sept. 2024, 23:31
- © MacMusic 1997-2008