MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Uad-1 Plug-ins, UAD-1 Information
aportman
posté dim. 7 mai 2006, 06:29
Message #1

Rookie

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 13 nov. 05
Lieu : League City - US
Membre no 72,457

I am desperately trying to buy some time before jumping in and moving to the new Power Macs, so I am considering one of the UAD-1 budles, for increasing plug-in capacity, giving my very tired CPU some relief. I presently do all my projects on a G4 933mhz, 1.25 RAM and a G4 1 gig Power Book.

The question I have, does anyone use the UAD-1 plugs with Cubase SX3, and, if you do, what kind of results have you had? I appreciate any reponse, guidance, are recommedations. The upper-end bundles are quite expensive, so I do not want to drop a bundle on something that will not be that beneficial in the long-run. I also want the software to be compatible for the day I do make the move to the new Macintel.

I just have to find a way to accomplish some quality mixing and pseudo mastering, with some quality plug-ins, without crashing m y system.

Hopefully this is the correct forum for this question. I don't post often, so i have not become familiar with the categories for posting topics. Please free to let me know if this is the incorrect place.

Thanks!

Allen
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
rickenbacker
posté lun. 8 mai 2006, 09:52
Message #2

Maniac Member

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 17 mai 02
Lieu : Broughton
Membre no 4,705

1. All the UAD-1 plug-ins are superb. I have two cards, fully loaded. They make my PowerMac G4 DP1GHz a much more useful music-making machine - I don't really have to worry about having such an "old" computer! The plugs will work fine with any Mac sequencer, as they come as both VST and AU.

2. They won't work with your PowerBook, unless you buy the Magma Chassis which is inordinately expensive.

3. Nor will they work with an iMac. The UAD-1 comes on a PCI card, so you need a Mac with PCI slots. Guess what? Not one single current Mac has PCI slots: it's all PCI-Express now, which the UAD card won't fit. The last Macs to feature PCI was last Spring's dual-processor G5 PowerMac range.

4. Believe me, EVERYONE on the Mac side of the UAD forums (check them out for more relevant UAD-1 titbits) is waiting for Universal Audio to make some announcement re. its plans for the UAD-1. The company is very fair and committed to the Mac platform; it's really that Apple keeps moving the goalposts.

5. My bet is that UA are waiting until the Intel PowerMacs ship, so they know what kind of hardware solution (e.g. PCI-E) it needs to address. No point coming out with something now, only to have to change again in six months. UA tend to the right thing, but at the best possible time - no rushing in.

Hope this helps. If you have any more questions, just ask.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mercredi 3 juil. 2024, 10:56
- © MacMusic 1997-2008