MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> PT6 "officialy" Announced..., at last
Mr.T
posté mar. 1 oct. 2002, 16:37
Message #1

SuperHero

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 04 nov. 01
Lieu : Paris - FR
Membre no 2,244

From the DUC (extract from the "AES daily"edition, page 30):

"Digidesign Rolls Out New Pro Tools Software
At Booth 1447 Digidesign is featuring a number of new products, including new Pro Tools software, 6.0 for Mac OS X, and TDM 5.3.3 for Windows XP.
Pro Tools 6.0 boasts an all-new look and new features on Mac OS X. Shipping the end of the year, the new software offers improved performance and support for dual processor Macintosh G4 computers. Pro Tools 6.0 has improved organization and MIDI support, increased mixing options, and much more control. In this new version, Pro Tools has received a MIDI makeover, fully supporting the Mac OS X CoreMIDI engine and including MIDI Time Stamping (MTS) for sample-accurate MIDI timing with software samplers and synths (TDM, RTAS, HTDM and DirectConnect), and sub-millisecond accurate MIDI timing with MIDI I/O and other supported MTS-capable interfaces. Pro Tools 6.0 also has intelligent tools for groove creation and modification, including the new Beat Detective 2.0 that supports extraction and generation of DigiGroove templates based on audio performances for timing and velocity of passage. DigiGroove templates are compatable with new Groove Injection templates.
Pro Tools TDM 5.3.3 for Windows XP includes many of the features previously released in Pro Tools 5.3.1 software for Macintosh computers. Features include integrated control of PRE, mulit-DSP 48 bit mixer, Increased SYNC I/O options, and more. Pro Tools 5.3.3 software for Pro Tools|HD offers Windows XP users improved workflow efficiency through trus simultaneous sharing of media assets."

TDM and HD owners might enjoy this, while PTLE owners might, once again, be left behind...

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
Levon River
posté mar. 8 oct. 2002, 16:45
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 10 août 02
Lieu : Rimghobb - UA
Membre no 6,734

QUOTE (Mr.T @ Oct 8 2002, 10:57)
I really admire you...

Really? You have a funny way of showing it, like: "smartass," "quit preaching BS," "get back to work." Why don't you take some of that natural aggressiveness and address some of the *substantive* and *on-topic* issues I raised about Pro-Tools, Mr. Moderator, instead of slinging cheap-shot ad hominem at one of your users. Or is ad hominem all you got to come back with?

taping all those useful informations seem to have taken almost one hour (?!...) of your precious time...

I wasn't "taping" anything in order to idly deal with bixpender's off-topic ad hominem attack, and your first round of childish and churlish "Me Too!" ad hominem backing him up, Mr. Twit. Obviously, you don't multitask: I do. In fact I was in the middle of helping two friends get a demo mixed and burned that had to be delivered first thing in the morning, only dealing with your crap in my idle time. So your inexcusable abuse of your Moderator privileges in publishing that kind of private information was completely wasted, wasn't it? Are you proud? When are you going to get back on-topic and address the on-topic issues I raised regarding ProTools? Never?

and it was night time...

I guess being able to read a time stamp is what qualified you for Moderator. It sure as hell wasn't for any ethics as a moderator or for keeping threads on topic. Why don't you address some of the FACTS about the on-topic ProTools issues I raised? Can't?

If you also took some of that time to learn tolerance and civility,

I guess you mean like your cheap-shot "Me Too!" gang-bang ad hominem attacks on me and your abuse of your privileges in publishing private information about my board usage in a public forum. Is that the kind of example I should be following, Preacher? When are you going to stop taking cheap personal shots and address some of the on-topic FACTS I published?

and could work (just a little) on that natural aggressivity of yours,

I was posting on-topic facts and opinions about the TOPIC of this thread. You're the one who decided to turn it into a personal p*ss*ng contest by "Me Tooing" bixpender in his off-topic ad hominem. Some Moderator. So go psychoanalyze somebody who cares, and answer the issues about ProTools with substance and facts instead of another tantrum. It's unbecoming.

maybe we could "kiss and make up"... but I doubt you really want that...

I wouldn't kiss you if *your* tits were 42 Double-D. Answer the issues about ProTools.

Remember, you only reap what you sow...

Hey, he's a Moderator *and* a Psychoanalyst *and* a Philosopher *and* a Whiner. Well, here's a little down-home philosophy for you, too, and maybe somebody can help you understand what it means: "If you f*** with the bull, you get the horns." But you're welcome to keep coming back for more.

In the meantime, since there obviously is no responsible moderator on this thread, let me see if I can "steer" (that was a pun) you back on topic: Why don't you tell me something that ProFools can do that, e.g., DP can't do--and do without investing a single dime in DippiDesign's proprietary hardware. See? That was the on-topic question I had that *still* nobody has answered. Is it possibly because there *is* no substantive answer? Could *that* be what's behind all this childish ad hominem being slung at me?

Have a nice day. Really...

Hey, we got a *great* demo, and I'm having a *marvelous* day, thanks. Just not very much sleep. But I think that the actually working musicians reading this have all been there...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Les messages de ce sujet
- Mr.T   PT6 "officialy" Announced...   mar. 1 oct. 2002, 16:37
- - starfruitman   Sounds great. Does ProTools link to softsynths li...   mar. 1 oct. 2002, 22:53
- - Mr.T   QUOTE Does ProTools link to softsynths like Reason...   mar. 1 oct. 2002, 23:02
- - lepetitmartien   I was just thinking… great commercial argument to ...   mer. 2 oct. 2002, 00:40
- - Mr.T   OK, this time IT IS official... and PTLE owners ar...   sam. 5 oct. 2002, 12:33
- - lepetitmartien   Champagne! """Pop!"...   sam. 5 oct. 2002, 13:04
- - bixpender   does anyone have teh release date? and release dat...   dim. 6 oct. 2002, 08:33
- - Odrec   PTLE available only for Digi001 users, no MBox sup...   lun. 7 oct. 2002, 01:00
- - Levon River   QUOTE (Odrec @ Oct 7 2002, 00:00)Damn, I wish...   lun. 7 oct. 2002, 10:35
- - aladinsane   Quote: what is it that sells people on ponying up ...   lun. 7 oct. 2002, 15:03
- - Odrec   I would like an MBox because of the Focusrite prea...   lun. 7 oct. 2002, 17:03
- - Levon River   QUOTE (aladinsane @ Oct 7 2002, 14:03)Quote: ...   lun. 7 oct. 2002, 18:20
- - bixpender   have you fools nothing better to do than being sma...   lun. 7 oct. 2002, 19:45
- - Mr.T   Right on Bixpender! Enough of this already...   lun. 7 oct. 2002, 22:17
- - Levon River   QUOTE (Mr.T @ Oct 7 2002, 21:17)And furthermo...   mar. 8 oct. 2002, 03:40
- - Levon River   QUOTE (bixpender @ Oct 7 2002, 18:45)have you...   mar. 8 oct. 2002, 04:33
- - Mr.T   I really admire you... taping all those useful inf...   mar. 8 oct. 2002, 11:57
- - Levon River   QUOTE (Odrec @ Oct 7 2002, 16:03)I would like...   mar. 8 oct. 2002, 17:24
- - Mr.T   Boy, you're really out of your mind... I'v...   mar. 8 oct. 2002, 17:48
- - Levon River   QUOTE (Mr.T @ Oct 8 2002, 16:48)Boy, you...   mar. 8 oct. 2002, 19:25
- - lepetitmartien   Excuse me Levon, but I will back up the words of M...   mar. 8 oct. 2002, 22:19
- - Mr.T   QUOTE Nice try. You posted the AMOUNT OF TIME I wa...   mar. 8 oct. 2002, 22:53
- - Levon River   QUOTE (lepetitmartien @ Oct 8 2002, 21:19)Exc...   mer. 9 oct. 2002, 02:01
- - Levon River   QUOTE (Mr.T @ Oct 8 2002, 21:53)I don't h...   mer. 9 oct. 2002, 03:55
- - Soif   Mr Levon, whatever is you opinion about anybody he...   mer. 9 oct. 2002, 06:47
- - bixpender   HAHAHAHAHA MORE!! I WANT MORE!!...   mer. 9 oct. 2002, 08:13
- - Mr.T   OK that's it people! Levon, I'll let ...   mer. 9 oct. 2002, 09:44
- - lepetitmartien   This thread is closed! Enough is enough (choir...   mer. 9 oct. 2002, 16:04

Closed TopicStart new topic
17 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (17 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - jeudi 12 sept. 2024, 14:05
- © MacMusic 1997-2008