MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> The New And Not Improved Intel Imac, iMac a piece of junk?
drewott
posté jeu. 9 mars 2006, 22:07
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 04 nov. 05
Lieu : Phx - US
Membre no 72,112

Recently (february), I purchased a new intel iMac w/ 2 gigs of ram. Exciting right? ... well not exactly. After three days of flawless processing the iMac started acting up. I will not go into details (space is limited), but lets just say when I tried to return it apple allowed me to do so and apologized for any inconvenience.

The reason I feel this is post-worthy is I spoke to a friend who is now a part a class action law suit against mac for the first gen. G-4's which were riddled with problems.

Does apple have a reputation for rushing things to market? Is this just another example of that?

Has anybody else experienced intel iMac problems?

I am certainly willing to give apple the benefit of the doubt, but after spending 2G's on a computer that was clearly a piece of $#!t, I can't help but feel slighted.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
lepetitmartien
posté mar. 14 mars 2006, 04:47
Message #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Icône de groupe

Groupe : Editors
Inscrit : 23 déc. 01
Lieu : Paris - FR
Membre no 2,758

Drewott you had the black sheep of the lot I think…

A friend of mine had a first gen iMac G5, it worked ok, then behaved more and more strangely after months of use, we did some home maintenance to verify if anything was wrong, then we checked and he was of the known bad lot of the beginning. So apple, 2 or 3 weeks away and back in top form now… It's always a nightmare when this happens.

Now the problem of "how can I work while I don't have a computer?" depends of your relationship with your apple center, and you'd better be a professional then. sad.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - vendredi 7 juin 2024, 15:39
- © MacMusic 1997-2008