MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Faster Processor... Or.. More Memory?
euadude
posté mar. 21 févr. 2006, 13:54
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 31 janv. 06
Lieu : Plantation - US
Membre no 76,083

I am running protools digi 001 on my G4, dual 500s, 640 ram, 160 hd. now i seem to be maxing out the capacity to handle my tracks after only about 8 tracks with some plugins, edits, etc.

my question is this... will i get signicant performance improvement by upgrading the memory, or will i only get there by jumping up to a faster processor?

thanks for your input.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
dangt
posté mer. 22 févr. 2006, 04:00
Message #2

Rookie

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 30 août 03
Lieu : Sydney - AU
Membre no 23,835

Yes, i agree a external drive is always a good idea. And having 1 gig of ram over 640mb would also help. I think the dual 500 should be ok for alot more than 8 tracks.

also. check preferences and hardware/playback engine settings. you should be using 80% or more cpu

also, if you are in os9, you can change the ram useage for protools and DAE applications. by: click DAE app (in system folder) Get info, then "memory useage. it should show how much memory is dedicated to DAE engine. this can be changed.

this is worthwhile increasing, as long as you leave enough ram for other apps that are running at the same time as Protools.

hope this helps.

reply me for more info, if required
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Les messages de ce sujet

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mardi 24 sept. 2024, 20:26
- © MacMusic 1997-2008