MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
> Hard Drive. Help Requested, Newbie enquiry
Foxyphil
posté mar. 14 févr. 2006, 21:30
Message #1

Rookie

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 15 sept. 05
Lieu : Enfield London - UK
Membre no 70,025

I have an emac G4,1 Ghz, running osX 10.39. Also recently purchased Focusrite Saffire, bundled with cubase le. Its clear to me that my mac just doesnt "do" 192hz, but I want to try to record files at 96hz. Doing this currently uses up a huge ammount of cpu.

I plan therefore to get an external drive, and will prob go the firewire route, maybe with USB2 compatibility. My question to experienced users is this. Is there any possible DISadvantages at getting a 300 or 400gb drive? Is it possible that an emac couldnt "hack" that ammount? The prices dont seem that much more expensive (I was thinking either Seagate or Carrilion) than for 100 gb. To be honest< id rather not have to upgrade any more hardware for at least a year or two - hopefully longer. I would actually like to try making a few tracks now.

Any input would be great.

Thanks in advance and thanks for great site too.

Phil
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
lepetitmartien
posté ven. 17 févr. 2006, 12:38
Message #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Icône de groupe

Groupe : Editors
Inscrit : 23 déc. 01
Lieu : Paris - FR
Membre no 2,758

Standard drive format is HFS+ which is not BSD at all but Apple did some things to the OS X flie system way more advanced than what OS 9 and HFS+ could do, but it's way above my head (there was a long article at arstechnica on this if you're interested)… cool.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - dimanche 9 juin 2024, 07:43
- © 440 Forums 2011