MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Titanium Powerbook 4 Recording, Hardware Choices?
ratspg
posté jeu. 26 sept. 2002, 20:21
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 26 sept. 02
Lieu : Los Angeles - US
Membre no 7,981

I just want to add this topic so people who successfully use a Titanum Powerbook can tell me what kind of performance they get with it. I'm looking into buying the 800mhz one, as I want to use it not for RECORDING, I do that on a desktop, but I want to edit and use some plugs and do most of the editing on the powerbook g4. Add any info you have on the powerbook and your uses and performance of it..

Thanks In Adavance,
r a ts pg ; )
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
urbanmatador
posté lun. 30 sept. 2002, 04:39
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 28 sept. 02
Lieu : Portland - US
Membre no 8,052

i use the following setup:

TiBook 667Mhz
512mb RAM
30GB internal hard drive
Mackie 1402VLZ-Pro
iMic
(when at home) external monitor
ProTools Free
SonicWorks PowerBundle

i'll be replacing that there iMic (which is USB and not reliable at all) with a MOTU 828 as soon as i've got some money.

i love working on my 'book. about four years ago, i got my first laptop, and i'm never going back. using protools free, i've actually mixed tracks while riding in a car. it's glorious.

most of my work is theatre sound, and so for me, being able to bring the tibook into technical rehearsals and make edits right there is crucial. i see no compelling reason to get a desktop machine unless you *have* to have the *fastest* available, or if you do zillions of tracks with zillions of plug-ins. for that, the multiprocessor systems begin to look appealing. but for me, with eight tracks in protools, each one with some eq and compression, the single G4 does the work just fine.

so, i.m.h.o., go for the tiBook. you won't be disappointed. (do be careful, though. the paint scratches easily.)

--------------------
there can be hours between the so and the what of the so
www.notquite.net
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (2 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mercredi 26 juin 2024, 06:53
- © MacMusic 1997-2008